Chapter 10

"Appa, Taehyung is her damn brother. She knows him better than any one of you. If you want this to be cleared quickly, let her do the calming,"

I slowly turned around and saw Jimin standing there with his hands shoved in his blazer pockets, looking unimpressed at his father's actions.

"Everyone go back to the dorms before I give out punishment points!" I heard Mr.Yoon shout at the crowd that was surrounding us.

In a flash, all the students scurried away. I glanced back at Jimin and gave him a weak smile. Turning back to Jimin's father, also head doctor, I gave him an uneasy look.

"Appa, she can handle this. She knows how to calm him down," Jimin said again.

The doctors all seemed hesitant to back away but they eventually did. I rushed over to Taehyung and cupped his hands with mine gently. I could feel his trembling toning down a little at my touch as he gazed into my eyes.

"It's ok Taehyung. No ones going to hurt you," I calmly said whilst staring into his frightened pupils. "L-let's go with these nice people," my voice wavered a little bit but I managed to calm Taehyung down by a bit.

***

"Mianhe..." I mumbled to my sleeping brother. Intertwining my fingers with his soft ones, I gazed at Taehyung who was asleep on the hospital bed. I had finally calmed him down and the doctors took him away to the school's hospital.

Why Taehyung was like this?

Back in our childhood days, there was a time where Taehyung was kidnapped by a bunch of gangsters. It was all over the news and it wasn't Taehyung's best memory.

By the time we had found him, he was beaten up badly and was in a critical condition at that state. He was only 8 and it was probably the most traumatising memory for him. And ever since then, he became insecure and mentally unstable whenever someone tried to use violence on him. The whole school knew his problem and never dared to hit him.

I wasn't sure of who made the guy fake the hit on Taehyung but I definitely had a suspect. It definitely wasn't the guy who caused it. Jihoo was his name. He came up to me and apologised right away in a way that I just had to forgive him.

Jieun was up to something and I could sense it.

"How's Tae?"

I took a glance behind me and saw Jimin standing by the door. He flashed me a weak smile, grabbing himself a stool and sat beside me.

"He'll be fine," I gazed back at Taehyung softly whilst caressing his hand. "This hasn't happened in a while..."

"I'm sorry if my dad was being a jerk," he apologised.

I let out a soft chuckle and looked back at him. "Well now I see where you get your jerkiness from," I joked.

Jimin pouted cutely, attempting to do aegyo but it didn't really have an effect on me. I've received a lot of aegyos from Taehyung and my fellow gang mates that I eventually became immune to them. Jimin seemed to notice my behaviour and slumped his shoulders in defeat.

"Good thing you stopped trying your aegyo on me because it was failing miserably," I commented.

"Your probably the only girl that reacts to me like this. Others would be swooning all over me you know,"

"They'll probably run away instead. You're quiet scary just saying. Even Bomi and Yeri gets intimidated by you," I laughed. "And here I always thought you weren't the type to be cute,"