Sneeze

(Oh Happiest of occasions! This week is the Gruvia Fluff Fest, and I myself am enjoying the festivities over on the Tumblr side of things! But for you my darlings, take some Fluffy adorable-stuff! A little out of character I suppose, but you know. This is written in one of my many different writing styles, sorry if it's a tad awkward, it's all an experiment!)

It was the first extremely cold day of the season, and Juvia Lockser had just spent the last few hours playing in the freshly fallen snow.

Her boyfriend, Gray Fullbuster, had watched her from inside their house with amusement. It was too cold to be outside like this, but it's not like he was going to be able to stop her. Surely the frigid temperatures would soon bother her enough to come inside, right? Of course, it didn't bother him.

And, as Gray foresaw, she came in, made herself a cup of cocoa, and went to lay in bed. She said her feet were cold.

Gray decided to join her.

It was getting late anyway.

When he entered, Juvia was hogging the covers, and Gray snatched them away with a little chuckle. The Water Mage huffed defiantly, pulling the blankets back to her and sticking her tongue out amusingly.

Gray noticed the tint of pink in her cheeks. It was at this point, it was obvious to the Ice Wizard that he would most likely have to care for a sick Juvia for the next few days.

The pair situated themselves so that they were facing one another, and that they could stare into each others eyes.

Not a word was said. Gray watched her beautiful, ocean blue eyes with wonder and calm, breathing in the stuffy air and listening to the quiet noises of the room. Her light breaths filled the room, and she reached her hand out to snatch his through the dark. Gray took a mental note to make her wear gloves next time she went out, because her hands were as cold as the ice that he created.

"Achooo!"

Juvia's sudden sneeze startled the Ice Wizard, who was so used to the quiet. He leaped up, falling off the edge of the bed with a loud thump. The Water Mage burst into laughter, as Gray struggled to his feet, still shaking a little. 

"Yes yes, it's all very funny indeed." He mumbled sarcastically, rubbing his head.

"It's no big deal." Julia sniffed, stifling a giggle. Gray climbed back onto the bed, smirking like the devil. He pushed the Water Mage off the side of the bed, bursting into wicked laughter as she fell onto the ground, letting out a squeak.

"Not funny at all!" She whined from her position on the ground.

"You know it was." Gray smiled, climbing off the bed and crawling over to Juvia's side. She crossed her arms and huffed, as Gray wrapped his arms around her. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry."

Juvia didn't look at him for a minute, before she returned his affection by snuggling closer to his chest. "I can't stay mad at you, my beloved." She smiled, placing one hand on his chest and one arm wrapped around his torso. Juvia leaned in towards Gray for a kiss, but he pushed her away gently.

"Your sick." He said simply, a hint of regret in his voice.

"Am not." Juvia puffed out her red cheeks.

"Yes you are." Gray lifted her up, bridal style, in one quick motion. "So you need to stay in bed." He placed her lightly on the bed, smiling warmly at her.

"Are you going to bed too?" Juvia asked simply.

Gray, leaning down to rest his forehead against hers, spoke softly, "There nowhere else I'd rather be."

(Words: 562)