Board Games

(Haha I stole an OTP prompt because I have no ideas :P
Set sometime after they start dating ; enjoy!)

The clock currently read 10:37 pm.

Gray and Juvia had been playing chess since at least 8:00 pm.

6 games. And Gray had won every single one of them.

And long story short, Juvia was somewhat distraught at this fact.

"Grayyyyy, how come your so good?" Juvia grumbled in a high pitched voice, crossing her arms at him with a pouty face. They had just finished the sixth game, and sadly, each round had been shorter than the last.

Gray scratched his head and frowned, "Uh, dunno. I don't even play chess that much."

"Hey! What are you trying to say?" She frowned in disappointment and her eyes brimmed with tears, "Are you trying to make a point that I'm just really bad at this?"

"Hey, hey, calm down, Juvia. No need to get worked up and flood the house..." He said nervously, placing a hand on her shoulder. She shoved it away and turned her back to him, letting out a 'Hmph' sound. The Ice Mage was somewhat offended by her dismissal of his touch, so his mind rapidly came to an idea of how to cheer her up. After all, Juvia was a pretty predictable person.

"Ok tell you what..." Gray said gently, "If you win the next round... Hmmmm... You win a... A kiss. How's that sound?"

Juvia lit up, her eyes shining with determination and excitement. "Definitely! I'm going to win this time!" Gray chuckled at her and re-set up the board.

Their match went longer than the last few. Gray kept his plan on mind and tried to loose gracefully and make the game look as legit as possible. He would make moves that obviously gave her the advantage, and sometimes she would take them. Losing was not an easy task for Gray, because, Juvia really did kinda suck at chess. He'd never admit it to her, but she would often move pieces into spots where he could get them easily. But she seemed to be buying into her victory, and as soon as she finally got him in a spot where his King piece couldn't escape, she let out a happy screech.

"I won! I did it" She exclaimed victoriously, raising her hands into the air and wearing a glorious smile on her face. Juvia flung herself at Gray, knocking over the chess board and wrapping her arms around his chest. "You owe me, now pay up!" She lifted a hand to point to her lips. Gray smirked and chuckled, bringing his lips to meet her cheek and earning a dirty look from Juvia. "Grayyyyyyy..."

"I'm just joking, relax." He said light-heartedly, pulling her closer to him and gently kissing her on the lips. When they pulled apart for air, their foreheads rested against each others' as they stared into the other's eyes.

"You let me win, didn't you my beloved?" She whispered, with a light smirk on her face.

Gray smirked and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "How about we do something else now, ok?" He chuckled, figuring she knew the answer to that question already...

(Words: 537)