Playing in the Rain

It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining high in the sky, with a few scattered, fluffy white clouds dotting around the wide blue expanse.

Juvia and Gray decided to go out for a walk. It was Juvia's idea, but he agreed semi-cheerfully. The two had been growing closer. They would hang out more, and he was much more friendly to the over-excited Water Mage. Besides, it was a beautiful day, why the hell not go on a walk.

On such a lovely day, naturally, they wouldn't need an umbrella, right?

But while the pair was nearing the park, dark clouds began to roll in, blocking the sun abruptly. A large raindrop fell onto Gray's head, and he shook it in surprise. "Is This you?" He asked the Rain Woman with a curious expression.

"Nope. Not me." Juvia stated matter-of-factly, a light smile on her face, "I couldn't possibly be upset when I'm around you, my beloved. This is natural rain I suppose." Gray shrugged and looked up as the skies, as more large drops of rain began to fall.

"Well, we're too far away to make a break for the guild." Gray spoke above the pattering of the rain. "Why don't we just take a seat under a tree somewhere?" Juvia nodded pleasantly, and the pair dashed towards a large oak and sat down in the dry grass underneath.

"Geez, that storm came outta nowhere." Gray ruffled his now soaked hair with his hand, a nervous but light-hearted smile on his face. "Kind of like how it was on the day we met."

Juvia blushed lightly and smiled at his statement. "Yea. You know, that was the best day of my life!" She said, wrapping her arms around Grays chest and squeezing him tightly.

"Hey, hey..." Gray gasped for air and wriggled out of her grasp, "Stop it, you're soaked." His voice was stern, but there was a hint of humor in his tone.

"I'm sorry." Juvia said, nervously playing with her fingers. The two sat in silence for a moment before Juvia looked up again with a smile. "Hey, Gray?" The Ice Wizard looked up with a curious expression. "Can you freeze a single raindrop?" She asked in an innocent, curious voice.

"Just one? I mean, I think I can." Gray focused tightened, and he shifted into his 'ice-make' pose. He squinted his eyes and rapidly opened them again, just as a tiny shard of ice fell into the grass. Gray delicately picked up the tiny frozen raindrop, and placed it into Juvia's extended hand. "I guess I can." He murmured in amusement.

The Water Mage held the frozen shard between two of her fingers, squinting to examine it. "It's beautiful. I love it..." She smiled and took the tiny piece of ice in the palm of her hand. "Thank you my beloved." Gray simply nodded, leaning against the tree trunk and watching the rain. "Can you do one more thing for me, Gray?"

"Yea?"

Juvia smiled awkwardly. "Do you think you can 'ice-make' an umbrella for me?"

"Um... Sure probably, why?" Gray asked.

"So we can go out and play in the rain." Juvia said, a huge smile on her face and her eyes wide with pleading.

Gray rolled his eyes playfully. "Alright then..." He formed his hands into position, and in them appeared a beautiful ice umbrella. Juvia squealed and took the handle in one hand and Gray's hand in the other, pulling him up and out into the rain.

She led him out into a puddle of rain water, splashing her feet in it with a childish expression on her face. Gray watched her and chuckled at her behavior, making sure to stay under the umbrella as she joyfully hopped from puddle to puddle.

At one point, Juvia handed Gray the umbrella and stepped out into the rain. She extended her arms, smiling and closing her eyes as the rain beat down on her. She looked so peaceful and beautiful, Gray couldn't help but smile and blush a little bit. He snapped into his senses a moment later and called out to Juvia in a concerned voice. "Come on, get back under the umbrella! You're gonna catch a cold!"

Juvia shook her head, her eyes brimming with a childish glow. "Nope! You should come out into the rain, my beloved! It feels wonderful!" Gray rolled his eyes but smiled, shrugging to himself and placing the umbrella on the ground. The rain was surprisingly warm on his skin, and he closed his eyes to let the warmth relax him. "See, I told you it felt nice!" Juvia smiled and skipped towards him, loosing her footing on the slick ground. She slid a little ways, nearly falling down, but instead was caught by the strong arms of her beloved.

"Careful there." His voice was stern but gentle at the same time as he lifted her up fully. "Don't fall." They stood face to face for a moment, each smiling light-heartedly. It didn't take but a moment for them both to take the opportunity to lean in, at the same time. They closed the gap between them in a light kiss, Gray taking Juvia's hands in his own before they pulled apart, blushing furiously. They looked each other in the eyes for a few more moments, hand in hand, before Gray looked away awkwardly.

"The rains dying down." He said simply, pulling away one hand and grabbing the previously discarded umbrella. "Let's head back to the guild, ok?" Juvia nodded with a smile, trying to stay cool and not freak out over what had just happened.

Unfortunately, she failed.

"I was just kissed by my beloved!" Juvia yelled randomly, stealing the attention of some people who were passing through the park. Gray rolled his eyes and pulled her away, a light smile on his face while they made their way back to the guild.

(Words: 996)