Chapter 9

Alan's POV
"Ally can you fix me something to eat." It was Mason.
"Sure buddy." I got off of Austin's lap and all of us went into the kitchen. Austin sat Mason on the counter and I leaned against the fridge. "Do you want some nuggets?" Mason nodded and Austin moved so I could get in the fridge.
"Austin are you Ally's boyfriend?"
Mason asked and I blushed.
"Well Mason, unfortunately not yet, but I really do like your brother."
"Really!? As in like like." Mason asked with an excited look on his face.
"Yep. Like like. Maybe soon I can ask him to be my boyfriend. Would you and Cole be okay with that?"
"Definitely! Alan needs someone who is nice to him. He's lonely. His other boyfriends were rude to us. You're actually nice." Mason then motioned Austin over and gave him a hug. "You could make Alan happy and he can make you happy to." Mason said giving him the biggest smile. (A/N: Little Mason is my baby guys, well Cole and Mason both are. Mason is just a little sweetheart though. Anyone else have a favorite of the twins??)
"Hopefully soon." Austin smiled then looked at me. I blushed and put the Nuggets in the oven.

"Go wake Cole up. They're almost done." I said when the timer got to five minutes. Mason nodded and ran off to wake Cole up. Austin walked up to me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "I really love how you care for them so much." Austin said quietly. I smiled at him and turned to get the food out of the oven. "Austin." I turned to see Cole pulling on the end of Austin's shirt.
"Yea buddy?"
"Can you pour me something to drink?" Cole said pointing to the fridge.
"Sure. What do you want?" Austin got down two glasses from the cabinet after asking me where they were.
"Just give me some of the red juice."
"Mason what do you want?" Austin asked while pouring Coles drink.
"Chocolate Milk please." Austin nodded and when both of the glasses were full he sat them on the table beside of their plates. I made Austin and myself a plate and we all sat down. Austin looked down at his plate and laughed before picking up one of the dinosaur shaped nuggets and eating it. I smiled at him. He was so freaking adorable.

I heard coughing and then my mother yelled for me. I shot up from my seat and ran to her room. She was coughing and couldn't stop. I sat her up and patted her back slightly. There wasn't much I could do when she was like this. Finally she stopped. She pulled her hand back from her mouth and there was blood. I grabbed a rag from the shelf and cleaned everything up. She smiled at me.
"Thanks Alan."
"No problem Momma." She settled back down and a few minutes later was asleep again. I walked out of the room and leaned against the wall next to her room.

I really wish the doctors knew what was wrong. They've diagnosed her with almost everything you could think of but it always turns out that they were wrong. She looked fine on the outside most days but inside was a different story. Her body was slowly shutting down. Each day she got sicker and weaker. The doctors had assured me that she would be here for a while. Although she maybe stuck in a bed she would still be alive. However, with each visit to the doctor her time got less and less. I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone. I felt a tear fall down my face. I know I've made it this far with Cole and Mason but I've always had her here for support. Everything's already worked out that if something does happen I get the twins. Under no circumstances are they going to be taken from me. I just wish that by some miracle they could help her. I  know I'm seventeen but I still need her around for longer. I need my mom. So does Cole and Mason.

I sunk down to the floor, knees to my chest and face buried in my hands. I didn't want to think about what would happen after she was gone but now I couldn't help it. Today had been a long day. Of course my date with Austin was wonderful but Veronica had kinda dimmed the mood and now I couldn't stop thinking about my mother dying.
"Alan." I heard and soon enough Austin was crouching in front of me. "Is she okay?" I nodded my head and got up from the ground wiping my eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yea I'm fine." I smiled at him. "I just got overwhelmed for a moment cause of Veronica and then just stuff with my mom."
Austin nodded. "When was the last time you had a day fully to yourself?"
"You make me sound like an overworked wife." I said with a small laugh.
"You know what I mean." He laughed too. "Without Mason or Cole along too. I know you love them, but you need Alan time. I've got an idea." He took my hand and pulled me back to the living room.

"Mason, Cole." Austin said and they looked to him. "How would you like to spend a day at my house so i could take Alan out on a date? You can play whatever games you want and Megan can watch you guys."
"Who's Megan?" Cole and I asked at the same time.
"She's someone who works for my dad but she's took care of me since my mom died she's like a second mom to me." Austin said looking at me. "She'll watch over them and make sure they're okay. She really fun to be honest." I thought it over for a moment before looking at Cole and Mason. "What do you guys think?" They nodded their heads excitedly.
"Okay let's do it."