Chapter 5

Look at how cute Alan is in that picture
😊😊😍😊😊

Alan's POV

"Cole, Mason get up." I said shaking them both slightly. Today was Saturday and I had the day off. I planned to take my brothers out for ice cream or something and maybe to an arcade, who knows. Today a nurse was coming to stay with Momma like they did once a week, so I wasn't afraid to leave today. We had most of the day to ourselves since the nurse left around nine or ten. 

It was twelve at the moment and all of us had slept the day away. They finally got up and after getting dressed and eating some cereal we said goodbye to Momma and the nurse before walking outside to my car. Cole let Mason set up front, causing him to smile widely and wrap his brother in a hug. I made sure they were both buckled up before pulling out.

We sang along to the radio as we drove and Mason was chattering excitedly. I pulled the car into a parking space and they both hopped out. They held my hands as we crossed he street and I held the door for them as we stepped into their favorite ice cream place. They quickly went over to the counter and I followed behind.
"Pick out whatever you want." I said when Cole looked up at me silently questioning. Even through they were both only seven they knew we had to save money and be careful, but they also knew if I told them to pick out anything they wanted, anything was on the table no matter the price. It wasn't often we got to do this and it always made me happy to.

"Can I get chocolate and strawberry, in a cup with cheesecake bites?" Mason asked and I nodded. "What about you Cole?"  He studied the choices before finally deciding.
"I'll have... Reese's ice cream with tiny peanut butter cups." I ordered for them both and also got myself a chocolate milkshake. Once we were finished I gave them the choice of eating here or eating while we walked to the nearby park.
They chose to eat while we walked. I grabbed plenty of napkins and we left the air conditioned store.

We walked along the sidewalk and ate almost silently. Mason mumbled about how good it was and let Cole try it, he shrugged up his nose.
"I don't think I like strawberry ice cream, it tastes different from strawberries." He said and Mason gasped.
"But Cole it's the same thing!"
"Nuhh uhh. It take weird." I laughed at the two as they bickered about the ice cream.
As we stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for the signal to walk, someone called out to me.
"Alan!"

Both of my brothers turned around and then looked at me confused. I then turned myself and saw Austin jogging towards us.
"Hey Austin." I said waving a hand at him. Mason hid behind me and Cole stayed at my side.
"Ally who is that?" Mason whispered, but it was loud enough that Austin and I could both hear. Austin stooped down and put one knee in the ground while his arm rested on the other.

"I'm Austin." He said. "What's your name?" Mason peeked cautiously from behind me.
"M-Mason. "
"It's nice to meet you Mason." Austin then turned to Cole. "And what's your name?"
"Cole. Who are you and how do you know my brother? And be careful don't scare Mason, if you do you'll be in trouble." He said glaring at Austin which made me laugh.
"I promise I won't scare him and I'm a friend of your brothers."

Mason stepped out from behind my legs and walked in front of Austin. He pointed at one of the tattoos on his arm.
"My big brother has one of those." He said looking at he many didn't ones on Austin's arm.
"Yea they're cool aren't they." Austin said and Mason nodded. Austin glanced up at me and smiled before looking back at my brothers.
"So I have a question for you two." They both eyed him and waited.
"Do you like cake?" They nodded eagerly.
"Well see today my friends are throwing me a birthday party and they got this huge cake and there is no way possible that we will be able to finish it all. So do you, and your brother of course, want to come to my party?" He asked and the twins looked up at me pleadingly.
"Please Ally." They begged. I sighed and nodded my head.
"Why not." I said and Austin gave me the biggest smile before returning to his normal height and walking us back to my car.

We waited until he pulled and pulled out behind him to follow.
"I like Austin." Cole said. "He's cool." I laughed.
"He was kinda scary at first though." Mason said.
"Austin probably a big teddy bear you have nothing to worry about." I said.
We followed Austin's car and we got to the part of town where the rich people live. We followed up the street. The houses were huge. Lawns were nearly groomed and everything looked in place. We went up a long driveway and in front of us stood a house ten times the size of ours.
"Okay guys don't break anything, cause we can't afford to pay for it." I warned and they nodded.

They stared in amazement as we walked up the steps to the door following Austin.
"Make yourselves at home." He said as we stepped inside. Everything looked so expensive. I swear it would take me the rest of my life to safe up enough money for the tv.
"Okay you boys can go play on one of the game systems if you want." Austin said.
"Really?" They said with wide eyes. They loved video games. They had an Xbox360 that I got them for Christmas and they played it all the time.

"Of course. If you need help ask." Austin said and the boys flew to the tv.
"Thanks Austin, by I do have a question. This party isn't going to have like anyone drinking is it, if so we have to leave."
"Not at all just me and a coupe of my friends that it. It's the ones that were with me the day I met you." He said and smiled.
"Okay." I smiled back. He led me to the couch and we watched as my brothers looked for a game to play.