2.0

Ara rolled over onto her side, then shot awake, sitting straight up. Her breathing slowed when she realized it was just Ashton lying next to her. She sighed. She glanced down to find him with his arm around her waist. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

Memories of last night flooded back all at once. She had asked him to stay the night with her. Ashton didn't fall asleep for a long time, but when he did he slept soundly. Better than ever.

FLASHBACK

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Ashton said, as she turned the light off.

"Yes." She said. Ashton shook his head and climbed into bed with her. "Night Ashton." She mumbled.

Ashton watched as she quickly dozed off, leaving him awake with his thoughts. He stared up at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep, but nothing seemed to work. Ashton turned his head to see if Ara had fallen fast asleep, and when he realized she was out cold, he rolled onto his side, and wrapped an arm over her waist. He pulled her into him, trying not to wake her.

"You'll be the death of me, I swear."

END OF FLASHBACK

Ara climbed out of bed as quietly as she could, and grabbed some clothes off her floor, and disappeared into the hall.

After she changed, brushed her hair, Ara went back to her room to see if Ashton was awake. He was. He was staring up at her ceiling. "Sleep well?" Ashton sat up.

"Yeah." He stated. "Best in a long time."

"I felt the same way when we moved here." Ara replied. She approached Ashton, sitting beside him. "So peaceful and quiet. You don't have to worry about waking up and having someone scream and yell at you. It's nice." Ashton nodded.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem."

"I'm so dead when I get home." Ashton muttered. Ara cringed. "Sorry. Wrong choice of words." He said.

"Ya think?" She laughed. Ashton laughed too.

"You know, you're not a total bitch." Ashton teased. Ara playfully frowned.

"Ouch." She replied.

"I'm only teasing. But I did hate you for stealing my seat." He said. Ara leaned forward.