His Mom Thinks You Two Should Be Together But He is Dating Someone Else Part 1/5

You stepped outside and shivered. It was freezing. You had decided to go for a jog to warm yourself up. You had been at college for a couple months, and you returned to your hometown, Holmes Chapel, for Christmas break. The cold air nipped at your skin as you began to pace yourself. You put on headphones and focused on your breathing. You quickly lost your focus as you felt someone run into you.

" I’m so sorry! Are you oka- Y/N?"

You looked up. Your eyes widened. It was Harry’s mother, Anne.

" It’s been so long y/n!" she said while pulling you into a hug.                 

You hugged her back. ” Yeah, it’s been a while hasn’t it?”

You have known Ann and Harry since you were in diapers. Your mothers were best friends, and so were you and Harry. Well you really liked Harry more than a friend, but it was obvious that you would never be together. He always went for the extremely pretty girls. And you knew you weren’t one of them, so you just kept your feelings to yourself. Besides the fact that you had feelings for him,The both of you told each other everything. That was until you convinced him to try out for X factor. You guys use to do everything together. But once he was on X factor, you two grew apart.You were both slowly growing apart. You were busy with your studies. He was focused on his career. You guys gradually started talking less and less. Soon enough, the two of you didn’t talk at all. You knew you still had feelings for Harry, but he was apart of the worlds biggest boy band now, and he could have any girl he wants. So why would he chose you?

You chatted with Harry’s mom a little longer. ” So y/n, Harry’s in town and we’re having a dinner with him and some friends. I’d love for you to come!”

"Uh-" You hesitated. What If you went, and Harry completely changed? What if doesn’t want to be friends again. Most importantly, what if you grow even more feelings for him?

Or maybe your stressing for no reason. For goodness sakes, it’s just Harry! You guys have known each other too long for him to just decide he doesn’t like you anymore.

" I’ll be there." you told her, giving her a smile. She smiled back. She gave you the adress and other information you needed to attend the party.

You fixed your hair and touched up your make up before climbing out of your car. You knocked on the door. You were greeted by Ann, who was smiling widely. ” Y/N, I’m so glad you can make it!” You smiled in response as she led you inside. When you walked in, the first person you saw was Harry. You locked eyes for a moment. Your eyes shifted to the right. Your heart stopped. He had a girl with him. She was blonde, she was about your height, she was gorgeous, and she looked vaguely familiar.

" Y/N, are you okay?" you heard Harry’s mother ask you. You nodded and looked over again. Harry was walking towards you.

" Uh, hey Y/N" He greeted you. The two of you hugged awkwardly. You began a conversation with him and his mother, and just as it was starting to seem less uncomfortable, you were interrupted. " Hey babe, who’s this?" It was the blonde you had seen him with earlier. You instantly recognized her now that she was closer up. Cara Delivigne. You had heard multiple rumors about her and Harry, but you never thought they were true. Harry introduced the two of you. You plastered a fake smile on your face.

Throughout the night, you realized that Ann didn’t seem to like Cara too much. She seemed nice at first, but she was a little snobby. And let’s just say she isn’t very bright either. You could see why Ann wasn’t very fond of Cara. She was a mice girl, but she just wasn’t right for Harry.

After dinner, you decided to help Ann with cleaning up. ” Thanks for helping clean y/n, go ahead and take a break. I’m going to go talk to Harry for a minute, and then we can Finnish up.” you nodded.

You decided to stop by the bathroom. You walked upstairs, looking at all the family photos on the way. You heard voices getting louder and louder as you approached the top floor. You heard your name coming from one of the guest bedrooms, so you pressed your ear to the door. It wasn’t shut all the way so you peeked through the crack. You knew you shouldn’t be eaves dropping, but you couldn’t help it.

" Why do you keep bugging me about this?" You heard Harry say. " Y/N doesn’t like me that way, I know she doesn’t. And i’m trying to move on but you won’t let me!"

You opened your mouth in shock and continued listening.

" You never know that she doesn’t feel the same way. I’ve seen the way you look at her. You don’t have to settle for someone like Cara!"

" You just don’t unders-"

He was cut off. You, being your clumsy self, had tripped while trying to move to hear at a better angle. You fell foward, pushing the door open and nearly falling right on your face.

Harry and Ann both looked at you with surprised expressions. It was dead silent. 

"I guess i’ll leave the two of you to talk" Ann said, breaking the silence.

She quickly scurried out of the room, leaving you alone with Harry.

"So, uh, how much of that did you hear?"

” All of it.” you replied softly. You looked over at Harry. His face was extremely red. He was looking at the ground and his curls were falling over his face.

" But it’s okay, because I  feel the same way."

He looked up at you and smiled. You smiled back. You both sat there, smiling like idiots before he pulled you into a kiss.

"You don’t know how long i’ve been wanting to do that." he mumbles against your lips.

" Me too." you told him before pulling him back into another kiss.