Chapter 1: What?

Chapter 1: What?

The Winter Cup was over. It's been a few months since Seirin was crowned the victors, and things have been going rather smoothly. There were new first years in the club, with exceptional skills as well.

The team was doing drills as usual, and the first years were actually keeping up with the whole training regime, though Kuroko was already winded halfway through the training.

"Hey Kuroko, you okay?" Kagami asked.

"Yes Kagami-kun, I just need to rest for a minute," Kuroko panted.

"Alright," Kagami answered after a moment. Just then, a basketball came, and hit him in the head. The two were surprised, but Kagami was fuming to see that one of the first years had hit him.

Kuroko pursed his lips to refrain from laughing.

"Kagami-senpai! Gomen'nasai!" the first year said, a little scared. To Kuroko's surprised, Kagami just walked over to the benches where he had placed his belongings.

"Wow Kagami-kun, I didn't know you could be so passive about something like that," Kuroko said.

"Kuroko, don't you know the phrase, 'Revenge is best served cold'?" Kagami said. He was drinking from his water bottle as he walked over to the first year.

The first year didn't know what Kagami was doing, until he felt cold water being dumped onto him. "Ahhh!! Cold! Cold! Cold!!" he yelled, jumping up and down. Everyone laughed at the absurd sight.

Kuroko smiled a small smile. Revenge is best served cold? He guessed that the phrase made sense. He's never really felt the need for revenge before, so he could only imagine the feeling from the books that he read.

"Gather round!" Riko whistled. She held a box of CDs as she continued to speak once everyone was round them. "As you all know, the Inter-High is coming up soon, once again. And this time, it's going to be harder than ever. So to be prepared, we will be reviewing all the powerhouse school previous matches, starting from today. We will do so at Kagami-kun's apartment after practice, since his place is the biggest and he knows how to cook."

"Wait, what? I never agr-," Kagami started, but was cut off by Hyuuga smacking him in the head.

"Riko has decided," he said, before lowering his voice so only Kagami (and Kuroko) can hear. "Don't mess with her after she's already decided on something." His serious tone made Kagami shut whatever he was about to say.

"Alright, now everyone should pack up! We're going over to Kagami-kun's house now!" Riko said, before whistling. Everyone rushed to clean up the gym. The first years were excited, since they've never done this before, and have never seen Kagami-senpai's house.

"Um, coach, I won't be joining you for dinner at Kagami-kun's place. But I will come afterwards," Kuroko said to Riko.

"Okay, see you later Kuroko-kun," she said, nodding.

*****

Unknown to everyone, Kuroko-kun was having dinner with his parents that night.

"Tetsuya! My baby!" his mother, Hisaki Kuroko, yelled, hugging her son as soon as he got off the black limo.

"Mother, hello," Tetsuya answered.

"Son, good to see you again," Yahaka Kuroko smiled.

"Come on, go and get changed, and then have dinner! Then you can tell us all about your day in school!" his mother said, as they walked into the Kuroko mansion.