Epilogue

Avani pov:

"Hey Avi! Are you done with the render yet?"

I looked up from the conceptual drawing I was working on to meet Lee Kyung sunbae's gaze. While I did some hand sketches with color pencils, designing the placement of different furniture in a hall proposed to be a five star restaurant, I had let the computer run renders for an office interior design catalogue. Lee Kyung sunbae and I were working on it together and the final catalogue design had to be given to the client by today evening.

"Yeah, it's almost done. It should take another twenty minutes." I responded as I checked on the progress of the render.

"That's great. I'll take it over the network once you put it in the shared folder. Just give me a ring on the intercom when you do that, okay?" He asked and I responded with a light smile and a nod.

I went back to working on the conceptual design but I paused when sunbae spoke again.

"Avi? Are you okay?" I put down my pencil and looked into his eyes. He had taken a seat adjacent to me and it looked to me like he had something he wanted to talk about.

"I'm fine, sunbae. Why do you ask?"

"W-well, it's just that you've been acting really out of it since you got back from your trip to India. Did something happen? I remember you to be much more cheerful and enthusiastic. Not just me....Mi Jun and Goo Min have noticed too. We're worried, you know?"

I stared at him silently. I was wondering what I should say to him. I was happy to see that I had such great friends who could tell if there was a change in my behavior and worry about my well being. But what should I tell him?

It's been close to a month since I got back from Goryeo. The day I had come through the portal with Eum Ja and Gi Cheol sshi was the day I was to return to Seoul from India. It was a Sunday and I had spent most of the day relaxing and sorting out my thoughts.

Much to my surprise, I had received a phone call from home, from my mother, and she had asked me how my flight was back home. She had told me she was happy about the time I spent in India, visiting relatives, going to the family temple, attending my cousin's engagement and staying at home and enjoying my mother's cooking.

At first, I didn't know what to say about it. I was confused and completely lost. It looked like somehow, during the time I had travelled to the past, a duplicate of me had gone to India. Nothing was out of the ordinary and I began to wonder if everything that had happened with Eun Soo eonni, Choi Young sshi, the emperor, Gi Cheol sshi, Eum Ja, Soo In and the crazy Prince Deok Heung.....was really true.

I wondered if it had all been a dream or perhaps a movie I had watched. But it felt too real to be like that. Besides, I even had a small scar on my wrist where Prince Deok Heung had pricked to poison me. There's no way all that pain and fighting and love was fake. In fact, I couldn't believe that I wanted to go back to that world and completely throwing away the family I had here. I had scolded myself for trying to be so selfish.

In the end, I had just decided to keep the whole thing a secret. Even if I wanted to tell someone, I was sure it sounded to fantasy-like to believe.

I was still dejected over losing Eum Ja. I was so close yet so far to being with him but in the last minute, I lost him. I didn't want anyone to worry when they saw me depressed and I definitely didn't want them to press me for any details. But my silence and lower interest level of being a social butterfy had caught everyone's attention. They figured out that something was going on but I was glad that they hadn't coaxed me to tell them anything.