Chapter 2 - Time Travel? What?!

This chapter is dedicated to Angie_Taisho chan! My imouto!! And the Indian background for the OC was inspired by her!! :D

And just to remind you guys! All text in italics is spoken in English and includes single words and phrases in sentences too.

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avani pov:

"Don't freak out.....don't freak out." I mumbled to myself as I walked through this primeval settlement.

The way all these people were looking at me was really creepy. No matter how far I looked, I could not see any sort of city like civilization. Honestly speaking, I was starting to get a little worried. There was no signal on my phone and there was no sign of a payphone I could use either. Where was I really?

"Um, excuse me?" I asked a lady who was passing by. She didn't stop; in fact, she looked startled as she scurried away from me.

I was left staring at her retreating figure like an idiot. I can't believe she just walked off without bothering about me! It's so rude of her to ignore when I tried to talk to her!

I huffed out annoyed and looked to the side. I cringed as my gaze landed on a group of men staring at me; especially at my midriff that was exposed by the crop top. They had been following me for the past twenty minutes that I had spent walking around this place trying to find out where I was. I particularly didn't like the sort of dirty perverted looks their eyes had.

"Ahh, this is starting to get troublesome." I mumbled, looking away from the group in disgust.

"Excuse me? Could you please tell me where I can find a payphone? Or if I could use your cell phone for a quick call? I'm sort of lost....are they filming here?" I asked one of the shopkeepers and he too gave me a strange look.

His eyes lingered on my stomach for longer than necessary and he stuttered out some incoherent words. I waved my hand in front of his face to make him look at my face instead of gawk at my exposed skin. What was wrong with these people?! Hadn't they ever seen anyone in a crop top before? Then again, this place looked like a small village....maybe they weren't as exposed to fashion as city folk.

"Ajusshi, I asked you if there's a payphone anywhere." I repeated to him.

"I-I don't know....w-what you're....talking about." He mumbled before shooing me with a wave of his hand.

I scoffed, amused and irritated. Everyone was being so rude! Clenching my jaw to make sure I didn't yell at the shopkeeper for being so rude to me, I decided to just find my way out by myself.

I passed by a few more small buildings before I came across a slightly open place. There was a stream passing through the village and a stone bridge connecting the two sides. I walked across the bridge and stopped in the middle to look at the water that flowed below. It made me feel a little better about my situation, giving me some motivation to continue my search.

"Oh?! Omo! You! You over there!" I looked to the side hearing a voice and breaking me out of my daze.

There was woman with auburn hair who was looking at me with wide eyes. There were about four people with her, all dressed in warrior outfits and having swords by their sides. As they saw me, they too looked startled and immediately looked away. Hey, at least they weren't staring like that perverted bunch still tailing me.

"Oh my goodness! I can't believe it!" The woman stopped in front of me looking at me up and down as if she was checking me out. The four guys with her reached us with no delay and seemed rather alert.