Chapter 15 - Return

Prince Deok Heung pov:

"Oh c'mon! It's been so long since I saw eonni! I want to visit the main palace and see her!" Aak ja complained with an angry pout.

"But Aak ja, you are my guest and....."

"Guest?!" The Prince of Court was cut off before he could finish what he wanted to say. "You're treating me like a prisoner here! Sure you've given me freedom to walk around the palace without any guards but sunbae is still guarding me. And who are you to say I can't see eonni?! We're from the same world, we're girls and we have things to talk about! Have some respect for a girl's privacy, will you??"

"Why don't we let her see Eu seon. I'm sure there's no harm in having a meeting, isn't that right, Prince of Court?" I asked with a taunting smile, not taking my eyes off Aak ja.

"Smooth move, Prince." Aak ja scoffed, clearly not amused by my mockery.

My smile faltered and I narrowed my eyes. Aak ja has been getting rather difficult to deal with off late. The fact that she is from Heaven and has the Prince of Court dancing to her tunes because she tells him what he wants to know has really gone to her head. She's being stubborn, refusing to play her instrument and tell us anything about Heaven's World unless we take her to see Eu seon. It's been more than a week since we've been able to get anything out of her.

Even though the Prince of Court has been showing his agitation in front of us, he is doing his best to keep his cool in front of Aak ja. He keeps saying that he won't lose his chance of going to Heaven's World by making a bad impression with Aak ja again like he did with Eu seon.

Whatever his reasons, I still think that Aak ja is being too arrogant.

However, I am starting to lose my patience playing in her silly games. I have no need for Heaven's Knowledge like the Prince of Court. I merely want to overthrow my nephew and take the place as the emperor. I would leave the governing to the Prince of Court or any of the ministers who had enough knowledge to handle it on their own. I just wanted to enjoy the luxury and royalty of being an emperor.

I had always been the type to enjoy the company of women. I would spend my time playing baduk, having them feed me exotic dishes and give me soju. However now, probably because this was the first time I was unable to get what I had wanted, I wanted to break Aak ja. She didn't fall at my feet in a way a woman would to enjoy luxury or impress a man. It desire to break her and make her to submit to me was overwhelming. I wanted her to beg for my mercy, surrender to me and be the beautiful puppet in my hands.

I had played along with her childish tantrums long enough. It was time I made a move to show her just what her place was in front of me. I would not let her humiliate me again.

"Very well, I will take you to see Eu seon." The Prince of Court said, signaling to his minister to get preparations ready. "However, it is only a visit. I will not allow you to stay there."

"Finally." Aak ja rolled her eyes, throwing her hands up in the air dramatically. "I'm going to get some things that I want to take so I'll meet you at the entrance in fifteen minutes?"

"Yes, we will have everything prepared by then, Aak ja." The Prince of Court agreed and Aak ja walked off without even a courtesy bow.

"She is getting out of hand, Prince of Court." I stated looking at him with a frown. "Isn't it time we put her to actual use and overthrow my nephew? You have agreed to get me the throne, have you not?"

"I said I would help you become the emperor if you got Eu seon's heart. You failed at that task, Prince, and now that I have Aak ja, I no longer have an obligation to make you emperor." The Prince of Court gave me a mocking smile.