Chapter 11 - Prince Deok Heung

Prince Deok Heung pov:

"So now there's another person from Heaven?" I mused looking up at the Prince of Court who paced and waited anxiously for the woman to join us.

First Eu seon and now another woman. It looks like Heaven was blessing us with chances to gain its knowledge and head to a luxurious future.

Although, I was quite interested to see this new person. The Prince of Court had told me that she was much younger than Eu seon, at least a good eight years. She was just as loud mouthed as her, enough to challenge him and show that making her do and tell what he wanted her to do wouldn't be an easy task. But Prince of Court believed that even though she was showing a confident brave side, she would not be even half as difficult to subdue in comparison to Eu seon.

The proof that she was from Heaven was that she had a strange musical instrument. She had played it in front of my petty nephew, the Woodalchi general, the princess and all the court ministers. Eu seon herself had not only appreciated but even recognized the tunes she played as those from Heaven.

Of course, the Prince of Court had not told me any of these details. I had my own spies working around him and giving me all the information I needed to know about the Royal Palace and its inhabitants. I had methods to get what I wanted, when I wanted it. Just like how I had poisoned Eu seon without her or anyone else knowing to make sure she was indirectly under my mercy.

Eu seon had already insulted me once. I had let it pass, knowing that I would have to back down a few times before I made my final move to overthrow my nephew and enjoy the luxury I deserved as the rightful emperor. And now that this new person had turned up, my chances of successfully getting the title of emperor had gone up.

"I have yet to see anything that proves that she is from Heaven. But this is a chance to try again....Eu seon is protected much better than Aak ja. I can't let this chance go waste....."

I looked down at the table with a chuckle. He was so restless to know Heaven's knowledge. Almost being blinded by it.

If Aak ja wasn't being protected as well as Eu seon, it obviously meant that she was a fake. A decoy to take the place of Eu seon to keep her safe and send her back to Heaven without any of us as hindrance. But I was willing to give it a chance and see what she had to offer.

"Pledged brother, she's here." Eum Ja interrupted his mumbling.

I looked up with the others expecting to see a rather ordinary woman. With one glance, I would be able to tell that she was nothing more than a fake playing around in dangerous company. But when I got a look at her, my amused smile faltered and I narrowed my eyes.

She didn't look normal at all. She wore clothes in similar fashion as Eu seon but her looks were very different. She had a small face, slightly oval. She was fair with a blossom like pink tinting her cheeks. She had dark brown eyes, long lashes, rosy lips and black hair framing her face tenderly. Her hair was in a single braid resting over her left shoulder and it reached even lower than her hips. She had an overall petite physique.

And I have to add, she was beautiful. She was even prettier than Eu seon. And definitely younger.

She stepped up to where we were while looking around. Food had just been brought in by the attendants and had been placed on the table. She just gave an indifferent nod to the Prince of Court when he greeted her and sat down without waiting for permission.

"I can't believe you actually locked me in that room! Is that the kind of treatment you give to a guest, Gi Cheol sshi?" She looked at him, not hesitating to voice her unhappiness. "And I thought you forgot I even existed. Do you know how hungry I am? Even the guards wouldn't get me something to eat."