Chapter 14 - Comical Feat

This chapter is dedicated to __brokenafeather__. Happy reading! C:

~~~~~~~~~~

Avani pov:

I smiled at Gi Cheol sshi as he pushed one of the vegetarian dishes towards me. I acknowledged it with a nod of my head and continued my lunch.

"The tune you played today was very melodies, Aak ja. We all really enjoyed it." Gi Cheol sshi spoke, pausing between bites.

"Thank you, Gi Cheol sshi. It happens to be one of my personal favorites. If I close my eyes and listen to it, I almost feel like I'm standing in front of a beautiful lake, just watching the scenery." I floated away momentarily as I recalled the original theme song of Beauty and the Beast.

It had been two days since the first time I played the guitar in front of all these people. I had sung one of my favorite songs - To the Sky by Owl City. Just as expected, all four of my captors were thrown off their feet by my performance. For the first few moments after the song had ended, they had gawked at me like I had grown a second head. They didn't know what to say or how to react to 'Heaven's' music.

But after that one song, the way I was being treated was probably even better than the emperor himself!

The extravagant food and clothes and the humongous room I was shifted to with all the luxurious furniture....I can't help but mentally chuckle about the importance I was being given now. Not that I'm complaining about it!

I had played four songs in the past three days of being here, three of them short theme songs from movies and the other being Beauty and the Beast. But I didn't sing. I didn't want my talent to be so easily accessible to them. Gi Cheol sshi understood that too and made sure that he controlled his eagerness to make me play more tunes or tell him Heaven's knowledge.

Besides Gi Cheol sshi trying his hardest to get on my good side and make me tell him what he wanted to know, Prince Deok Heung has been a little restless too. I still haven't given him permission to be friendly with me and he's not very happy about it. He's been trying to get chances to talk to me when I'm not in my room but I either ignore him by saying I'm not interested to talk to someone who threatened me or I talk Eum Ja to keep him away from me by force.

That's right. Eum Ja is still my escort and he spends time with me when I go out for walks. I'm pretty sure that Gi Cheol sshi is even more wary about me escaping compared to before because he's now convinced that I have all the answers to his questions about Heaven's World.

As for Soo In, she's mildly interested in me but not to the extent of wanting to be around me and hear what I have to say. She listens to what I say when we sit together during meals but that's about it.

I heaved a satisfied sigh when I finished the last bite of my lunch. I leaned back in the chair comfortably and glanced at the other who were also pretty much done with their food. Gi Cheol sshi was actually restlessly shifting in his seat as if edging to say something.

When he saw that I was done, he leaned forward on the table and gave a nod to one of his attendants.

The lady walked away and returned a few moments later with five ceramic glasses and a vase like container on a tray. She placed the tray on the table in front of us, bowed and stepped away.

I looked at the tray curiously before glancing at Gi Cheol sshi. He understood my unasked question and puffed his chest out in pride before he spoke.

"Can I have the honor of pouring a glass for you, Aak ja?" I blinked, still not very clear of what he meant.

I thought about it silently for a moment, just watching him as he began to fill the cups with the transparent liquid. But when I got the strong aroma of soju, I realized what he meant.