Chapter 10 - Gi Cheol

This chapter is dedicated to Nataliebrook22! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avani pov:

I can't believe I actually let these two people kidnap me. I can't believe I actually accepted to go with them to the person I wanted to avoid at all costs in this world.

But what else could I have done? These two were strong, with inner powers as an advantage. If Deok Man sshi continued to fight them, he would have definitely been killed. And I did not want that to happen.

When we were almost out of the market, I took a glance back at the frightened civilians, the dead soldiers, the blood and finally Deok Man sshi who had an extremely unhappy and helpless expression. I sighed inaudibly knowing very well that my situation was far from good. I had fallen into the wrong hands, into dangerous hands to be more specific, and escaping was not going to be easy. But I'm sure that the emperor, Choi Young sshi and eonni would know what to do when they found out what happened.

Until then, I would just have to hold my ground confidently.

I looked ahead sternly as I walked between the two siblings. They were guarding me quite well, glancing at me every now and then to make sure I didn't suddenly sprint in another direction in an attempt to escape. They were being cautious of my movements.

It's not like I could fight them anyway. I hadn't learnt even basic self defense! All I knew were some tricks like throwing sand into the opponent's eyes or biting them or poking their eyes. Like those sorry moves would help here....

"I didn't get you names." I broke the overbearing silence around us but I made sure I showed them that I was pissed.

"So nice of you to ask for introductions, Aak ja. I'm Hwa Soo In and he is Cheon Eum Ja. We are pledged siblings to the Prince of Court Deokseong Gi Cheol."

"Right...." I scoffed, looking to the side.

The next five minutes of our walk was silent. I didn't bother asking or saying anything else to them. In fact, I didn't know what to say. Out of the two people, one was talkative but always spoke in a sort of mocking tone. The other seemed like the silent type and didn't really bother about what was happening around him except for the task at hand.

When we were out of the village, we came to a stop in front of two horses that had their reigns tied to a branch of the closest tree. I looked back at my kidnappers of them and pointed to the horses.

"Do we have to go on a horse to reach there?"

"That's right. You didn't think we would walk, did you? It will take us at least two days to get to our destination if we walk." Soo In sshi said.

Wait, how do I refer to them? Being so formal with them didn't sit well with me. Ah, I'll think about that later.

"You've got to be kidding me...." I took a step back earning curious looks. "There is absolutely no way I'm getting on that. I've never rode a horse before and I don't plan on doing now. This works out well, doesn't it? I'll just go back today and you guys can come and pick me up in a carriage tomorrow. Sounds good, right? Okay, see you tomorrow then!"

I know I was acting really stupid. Like they were going to let me go because of some lame reason like this!

I turned around and walked a few steps but I stopped, cringing when Soo In spoke. "Is it really true that you're from Heaven? Because you don't seem very bright....you should have understood why there are only two horses, right? Besides, if you're still not convinced, we can always go back to the market and have some more fun."