Bonus Chapter: With Spyro in Spirit

"Noooooooo!" Spyro screamed. He ran forward to help his friend; he turned Crash onto his back. He was smiling softly, though tears were streaming out of his eyes. He was dying. Sparx landed on his chest, and started to heal him.

"Thank you Spyro, for letting me into your family. For showing me happiness, again." Crash uttered with his SAD. Sparx began to glow as he attempted to save Crash's life. "I... l- uv u-oo br... broth." He spoke almost silently without his SAD. He could breathe anymore, but had managed to get the words out of his mouth. Crash lifted his right arm, slowly, and placed in on Spyro's shoulder, and smiled. His eyes closed and Crash went limp, his right arm dropping to the ground. Sparx continued his effort to resuscitate him, but Crash had died before he had a chance to sacrifice his life energy. All of the Resistance, the Dragons, and the Sorceress were around, but for Spyro, he could only think about his friend, brother, who lay dead in front of him. Spyro placed his right arm under Crash's head, lifted his upper torso, and hugged him. His tears dropped onto Crash's shoulder, as Crash's blood covered Spyro's underbelly.

Crash was staring at Spyro and his own dead body. What... what is this?

Spyro hugged Crash for ten seconds, and then gently rested his head against the cobblestone. Spyro's eyes were sealed shut, with tears falling from the brim between his eyelids. He stood up, with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and... fear. And it angered him.

˂Spyro...˃

"You failed Spyro" The Sorceress said mockingly. "Everyone behind you will die the same way this Crash did. And I'm going to make you watch. I'm going to make you feel the depth of your failure. I am the Sorceress, commander of the seven Power Gems. You never stood a chance against me."

Spyro reached inside for the anger, for the regret, for the sadness, for the pain that would give him the strength he needed to avenge his best friend. The result was a flood from the outside. He yelled out in rage, and a torrent of flames erupted from his mouth. The plume tore through the air and climbed high and wide. He then looked at the Sorceress and opened his eyes, still crying.

˂He can't hear you I'm afraid. However it appears through your sacrifice he has found the power to protect those he loves.˃

Crash could only watch in amazement. The golden glow and the vicious winds; Spyro had completely changed, he wasn't purple anymore. And next to him was my body, covered in and seeping blood onto the cobblestone bridge below: lifeless. Crash attempted to use his SAD, which normally worked reflexively to his thought. But the device on his neck didn't make any noise. He felt for the small white box attached to a brown color on his neck but couldn't feel it. He couldn't even feel his neck.

˂You won't need your Speech Assistance Device to talk anymore.˃

This voice... it was inside his mind. Crash couldn't feel anything, no tactile sensations whatsoever. It's at this point he looked around and couldn't identify the source of who was talking to him. And then Crash saw his hand, which he could see through. It was translucent, as well as the rest of his body.

˂Who are you? Where are you?˃

Spyro flew forward in a surge of anger rammed into the Sorceress.

˂I was once a Faun who left this world too soon; the adopted daughter of the Professor whom you've met recently.˃

˂El... Elora. But six years ago...˃

˂I died, like you have 60 seconds ago.˃

Crash still couldn't understand what was going on. He just felt lost, confused, saddened, and afraid.