15

Ava's Pov

"Ava!" A familiar voice shouted. "Ava, are you okay?" My eyes shot open and my body launched forward. It took me a while to realise I was sitting in a large bed. A bed that also felt familiar.

"Ava..."The tone of the boys voice showed he was not only relieved but out of breathe. "You're okay." He reassured sitting on the side of my bed butting his arm around me. I felt more than natural to rest my head on his shoulder, it felt warm, it felt safe, it felt like home.

"Where- where am I?"I looked around the room that was now clear to be my very purple bedroom.

"You're at home, it was just a dream Ava," he paused kissing my head, "it was just a dream."

I shook my head, "No, it wasn't. It was real Damon.." And as soon as the name slipped from my lips it all came back, "Damon." I said under my breath hugging him tightly.

"It's okay Ava, I'm here."he whispered. I swallowed, my shaking hands moving the hair out of my face.

"How long was I out for this time?" I asked, closing my eyes for a bare second to try wipe my memory of any dream I had. 

"About a day." Damon shrugged, "was it the same again?" I knew he hated asking.

"Yeah, always is." I said, pushing myself out of bed. I felt his stare follow me as I dragged myself across the room to my wardrobe. I sucked my lip; "thanks,"
"For waiting."

"I couldn't leave you here to wake up alone, Ava."My brother stood from the bed and approached me. "However, I should really get to work." I nodded whilst he kissed the top of my head again. I looked down at my naked feet, digging them into the carpet and holding my breath. "Oh and Ava," I exhaled and turned my head quickly. "Take it easy today. There's some food left in the oven from last night, your favourite." He smiled. I didn't need to reply because before I could he was already out the door. Another day alone in paradise!