50. Surviving an Armada Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes as I tried to smile. "I'm trash, bye." I laughed.

"Is that why I wanna take you out so badly?"

My mouth immediately widened at that smart reply, my cheeks burning red. "Oh I get it! Because you take out the trash!" He slowly nodded his head at me as my laugh got louder. "That's so dumb."

"How's your feet feeling?" His voice was deeper than usual, his sapphire like eyes trailing down my blanket and onto my feet.

"I don't know, I haven't tried walking yet." He got up off my bed as I threw my warm blanket to the side, not feeling any pain with my sudden movements. "It's been like 60 hours, it should at least feel better."

Once my feet hit the floor, I surprisingly didn't feel any pain compared to that night.

I felt Azazel watch me carefully as I tried to get up now.

My eyes looked around as I checked for any pain. "I think I'll be fine." I slowly stood up straight as I looked at him.

"You sure?" He looked down.

"Positive." I quickly answered as I tried to walk.

Azazel looked intently at me. "If you fall, don't get weirded out if you feel my hands on you." I nodded in response.

"Thanks." I fixed my crumpled shirt as I felt kinda relieved that my feet feels a lot better. "But that won't be needed. If I fall, I'll just call life alert." I teased, making him chuckle.

I still felt pain but it was really small. I made sure to take calm and easy steps before I could jump to a conclusion that I'm a fictional character, and all my pain is just gonna go away all of a sudden.

"Lets go eat breakfast." I tried to smile at him, but I'm pretty sure it failed.

It's been a week and the only good thing that ever came out of it was my feet getting better

Nothing interesting happened and my life was kinda at peace, except of course me losing my mind in guilt, and having to pay the consequences today.

Today, I decided to go talk to Xavier. I wanted to tell him everything and maybe talk it out with all our problems, and hopefully listen to how he feels.

I scanned around his front yard as I listened to the door bell echoe. My heart was obviously nervous and was beating out of my chest.

My fingers tucked a strand of black hair behind my ear as I sighed. It's crazy how long your hair can grow in 4 months.

The second my ears tried to process the sounds of locks being unlocked I quickly looked up, trying to regain my composure.