Chapter 9

لماذا لم أستطع أن ننسي لك (why couldn't we forget you)
❤️❤️❤️
قلبي، روحي و أنا (my heart, my soul and I)

SOFIA
All those messages were of an apology, someone apologized... and I knew it could only be one person....  "Ammar" but, what made him sacrifice his ego and realize his mistake which he'd never accept, to send all these messages and calls.

Anyways my phone was on silent so I didn't hear but really... he wasn't a person as such. Well I just replied an, 'it's ok' and saved his number as أناني (egoistic).

The day got spent like yesterday and after office I went to hudaa as usual and that was everyday for 4 days, until hudaa got discharged. One thing I was always avoiding was Ammar, I knew all his timings, so I left during those timings purposely.

Everything was well, Hudaa was home and she recovered so early, i was so happy. We went to malls as usual and enjoyed our time, though I used to get tired in office.

In one months course I got a promotion, well I think I deserved it because I was working so hard. Our boss Zayed, he was a very good person with a kind nature. I received my pay and I was so happy. It was my first salary.. something I used to plan about every moment since I was young ^_^

I returned home that day and I told hudaa about me shifting because I got a 2 bedroom house in Dubai, which, I was given as an employee at ECC. And it was already furnished. It was a bit delayed because of preparations and formalities.

And I couldn't just be living at Hudaa's house till forever anyways. I had received my pay and savings etc and anyways after one week Hudaa's parents were to come to Dubai after their long holiday in Bahrain with Hudaa's sister.

Something was sure, that, me and hudaa were never never going to be away from each other or forget each other because we are apart, or not share secrets because we don't stay together, no, in fact we had a plan of coffee everyday evening...
I was so happy she understood me so well. She helped me set up my home, which I think looked beautiful.

Hudaa was so funny, she was telling me about her crush on Ammar. I was just laughing at her. And in my heart I was really wondering how someone can really like this guy or even spend their life with him. Well ignoring him, I was missing my mom. I used to talk to my mom in like every two days and send her messages everyday, I love my family so much. I could do anything for them, especially for my mom...

Later that evening, I was watching Al Jazeera news on my new laptop when I happened to see this piece of information, " ...الحرب القادمة في مصر. قاتلة جدا" (upcoming war in Egypt. Very deadly...) i just lost my balance, I started to research. WWhhattt was that ? After reading more, I knew Egypt would be destroyed. They would never spare women and children. Thinking of Egypt, my country... MY FAMILY...

I called my mom as soon as possible and we talked, she explained everything... my sister and brother would not go to school or anything. What was Egypt going towards... my home :( I couldn't help it ! I told her I would book everything (tickets etc) online and she would take everything to the auctioneers and pack , and in 2 days she would shift to Dubai permanently. I know this was hard, not as planned but my intentions would help us.
I had a house already but life in Dubai was expensive and I was the breadwinner in the family now although my mom could teach... at high schools and universities but jobs in Dubai were scarce. She was young though, one of those who got married early. I was stressed, I could feel me crying. But all I cared about right now was the safety of my family.

I realized that I couldn't pay online because of some formalities. And I only knew one person who could help and that was Zayed. I couldn't wait till tomorrow because I was sure the planes would be full, most people would be leaving.

I looked for his number to realize I didn't even have it. Which girl doesn't have her boss's number. Soffffiiaaaaa^ I hated myself right now. I decided to call Ammar to get Zayed's contact. Awkward but no option. It was like a month since I saw or talked to him though, but why wasn't I able to get rid of him from my mind. I used to think of him sometimes when I had nothing to do... like a flash that always appears in front of my eyes, after all he did to me, why ?

AMMAR
After that day I decided to call and apologize to her. I called her but she didn't pick up. I was with Zayed and he told me to send her a message, so I sent her one message apologizing. Well I had her number because that day she hacked my phone and tried calling herself so... anyways I was tired and went to take a shower. When I came back I saw that Zayed called 47 times and messaged her 30 times. I was annoyed.

Now she would think I was so desperate or anything and that was not me !! But they had gone and I just left it.
In the morning she answered me with an 'it's ok', what was that supposed to be. Well I was cool she answered me, that was important irregardless of what she was thinking or anything.
Hudaa was getting better, we did all the tests and I medicated her but I didn't see Sofia. Maybe she was still hurt and was avoiding me. Well days passed and my work became hectic, I got new patients everyday and I was just so busy.

One month ! I hadn't bumped into "The Sofia" again, I used to meet hudaa rarely when she came for a checkup. My life was good. With my family I was happy.

Whenever I reached home my mom would tell me, "Habibi, do you plan on letting me dying without seeing my daughter in law, you are now 27, get married sweetheart," this was everyday say but I didn't really see anyone good for me as yet.

But I also didn't want to hurt my mother, I just told her to look for her own daughter in law, I knew she'd choose the best for me.

It was evening, that day, I was at home, I didn't go to the hospital in the afternoon. I was playing games, relaxing, until a phone call disrupted me. And it was Sofia calling...