Chapter 6

أنا لست الساحر (I am not the magician)
❤️❤️❤️
مصير هو (destiny is)

SOFIA
I reached office. Thank God, I wasn't late. This was one thing that happened right since I've come to Dubai.
I prayed and entered the office. Everyone was staring at me, like they do when a new student comes to school. Well I headed right to the boss's office which I was directed.
I was the manager there, let me put it right, 'the new weird manager in Emirates Chain of Companies who was from Egypt and had a different accent'

I entered and walked along the corridors towards my boss's office. I saw it. It had a glass door which you couldn't see inside obviously.

I knocked, and with a faint voice I said, "May I come in sir,"

I think i heard a yes so I made my way in. It was a large room with pictures hung on the wall (Paintings and religious quotes in Arabic calligraphy).
And just on top of him was written beautifully 'Emirates Chain of Companies' on a board. The AC was on - the room was chilled and the fragrance inside was so mild yet so enchanting - I could stay there all day. My eyes examined every single thing in there. My mind was diverted for a while. And I was lost again. Far away from this world was me.

Then suddenly I heard an *mhhmm mhhm*.
It was him, my boss who said that. He was tall, young, had green eyes and short hair and was wearing formal wear. I know I was staring a lot. *blushes*
I just gazed down in embarrassment.

Then I looked at him. I said, "assalam alaikum and good morning sir, my name is Sofia Swaleh. I was appointed as the new manager."

He said, "Waalaikum Salam, yes, I went through your CV and I liked it. I was surely impressed by your degrees. Welcome to ECC."

I smiled and left. He seemed like a good person. Thank God I didn't have a rude boss. A peon showed me my cabin which was as much beautiful - with the AC and recliners and a coffee table - for a manager - This was so cool. I loved my new office, and I was so excited to go tell hudaa all about this.

Thinking of hudaa. I had to go ask permission from my boss to leave at noon to meet her.
I finished all my work as in super fast and all my homework too ironically so that I had no work left until I had a new project. But I would come to monitor the other things in office as well.

I went again along the long corridor, 2 floors up the elevator, and I reached. I knocked again and with a rather timid voice I asked permission to enter. He allowed me.
It was already 12:30 pm and I didn't want to waste further time.

I said, " Sir, assalam alaikum, I was asking permission to leave at 1:00 pm because I have a friend of mine who is sick and admitted and I am the only one she has right now, please don't worry I have completed all my assignments including tomorrow's little work. Please, please give me permission."

I spoke so fast and messed it up again. Did he even hear what I said because he clearly gave me a visible blank look. I didn't have the guts to ask for a 4- day leave. His eyes were cold and stiff too ... but, not more than that doctors ! I thought of doing this for 'the 4 days'
Before he (Mr. Zayed) answered me, I heard a knock at the door.

He said he would call me in a while and that it was someone important, so I went towards the door to leave and wait for the coming back later. As I opened it (pulled it) I realized that the other person outside was pushing it (opening it too) and we bumped on to each other (our heads) and not again :/

It was the hazeled eyes doctor who hypnotizes me. Why was he here ? I was asking myself mentally as I made way. I then just excused myself and waited outside.