Chapter 5

إذا كان يذهب كما ظننت فهو جيدة (if it goes like you thought, then good)
❤️❤️❤️
لٰكن إذا لم يذهب، فهو أفضل(but if it doesn't, then it's better)

SOFIA
He said salam, his voice sounding like a melody build up through hate.
I replied, "waalaikum salam, are you the doctor?"

My emotions all at once. He was wearing a white coat that looked like a doctors coat anyways.

"Please update me regarding hudaa, how is she? what is wrong with her ? "

I was rather nervous while speaking. Maybe he wasn't even the doctor. I looked down as I felt his stare on me again.

I was waiting for an answer when I heard his strong, accented voice again,
"The patient has esophagitis. We need to do an endoscopy, do a biopsy test to check for inflammation or a barium swallow x-Ray. Ms.... It will be better if you bring her to do these tests as soon as possible... "  He said.

I was feeling bad for hudaa, though in my tiny, small mind sooo many things were getting processed, like I had to start my job today, I had to call my mom, I had to take care of my friend, I had to face #some people for now and I had to ask if it was his phone because he was the only situation in front of me according to my memory.

AMMAR
I was stating all the medication formalities and tests for her friend and she seemed disheartened, but she was in her own world in her brain.
I gazed at every move of hers. One word - Different - she looked different, she felt different. Her eyes were lit in the morning darkness.

I thought of telling her about the phones, because I knew it was hers anyways so I went on and said, "Excuse me, I think when we bumped into each other..."
She stopped me from talking. In fact interrupted !!

She said, "Oh that ... it's ok, I have forgotten about it, you don't need to apologize."

Apologize and me. This girl wasn't normal. I said, "No, listen to what I have to say, I know it wasn't your fault, you were in a hurry but when..."

She interrupted again and said, "Yes, I'm really sorry I guess I was in a hurry and mustn't have seen you."

She talks a lot. And she assumed so much. This girl was getting on my nerves. I told her again, "Yes, it's not that, it's about when we bumped, your ph..."

She talked again which annoyed me and I held her mouth in anger. (I had bad anger management skills)
She was outspoken. She didn't even give me a chance to say what I want. Crazy girl. She looked at me, eyes astonished and surprised. And I soon realized I was close to her, and I apologized before she started again.

And in an angry and stern tone I said, "I will talk and you will listen ! When we bumped into each other, our phones fell and by mistake we took each other's phones, please return my phone ?"

SOFIA
My mental battle began when he touched me. May Allah forgive him ^_^
But I felt so embarrassed and the whole moment seemed awkward. I was acting as if I knew what he was going to say. I was so stupid.
And I had hacked this man's phone :|

I felt a sense of pride *smirked inside* but I also felt chills. I wonder what he will say or think when he sees that. Ya Allah, just save me please.. was all I hoped.

This was one bad time of my life. Never felt anything worse. I was looking down all that time. Scared to face those eyes which were still gazing at me, in details, with a lot of mixed and untold feelings, I could feel.

I then embarrassingly just said,
" I apologize, I didn't mean to take your phone and sorry for interrupting."
My ego didn't allow me to say more. We exchanged our phones. He gave me a paper on which were written the dates and timings of hudaa's treatments. I right then excused myself from the mess I created.

I went to meet hudaa and inquire and see her. She informed that she was also told about everything and that she was hospitalized for 4 days. I felt terrible for her. I know the feeling of being away from home and eating hospital food although she was in an amazing room !!

It had a single bed and a sofa with a dimmed orange lighting, beautifully enhancing the room's brightness - and a large window allowing Hudaa to see the beautiful garden outside her room. They were so many roses there.

I told her I will go home, change, do everything, go to work and ask for a 2 day leave (which is ridiculous to do so on a first day) but I had a feeling I'd find a way. And Inshaallah (God willing) I will be with her at noon.

I left the room to go home. As I was leaving, I was just about to bump on the guy again - just about to. What was wrong with my fate and bumping onto him. *rolled eyes in my mind* 
It was an awkward moment.

I was tired and my eyes were yearning for sleep. But I just couldn't throw myself on the attractive bed which was calling me. I had to compromise. I took a bath and prayed my Salah al Fajr and packed clothes for me and packed hudaa's basics for her.

And after an hour of being happy to finding my phone and calling my mom and confirming my job timings, I wore my Abaya and went to the hospital.

I met hudaa, gave her all I had brought for her and then bid her goodbye. I hugged her and kissed her on the forehead. And I could see Hudaa almost about to cry. I calmed her and assured her all of me, transferring positive vibes to her :)

She said,"Ya habibty (dear) thank you for all the love, support and caring to me, today I really feel like I am so lucky and God has blessed me by giving me a bff, a sister like you. Love you... xo"
I just hugged her again and borrowed her car until, I would get my own and I left to go to office now.

AMMAR
I don't know what was wrong with her and bumping into me. Whatever, I had found my phone. I had my important clients numbers in there. I charged it and later when it was full I took it to make a call.
I realized the girl had hacked my phone. Ya Allah. > What a girl < Really ! She broke into Ammar Khalid's phone. I said it, she's not normal.

I was tired as I hadn't slept the whole night, I was at the hospital attending other patients too. I reached home at around 5:00 am.

I took a bath in warm water which refreshed me. I felt relaxed. And then I prayed Salah al Fajr and I just took a nap, which eventually turned into sleep.