(Updated 2023)Say You Love Me chapter 1 Teacher student relationship)

Hello everyone! So this is my first story on wattpad and i dont really know how everything works... 

I decided to do a student teacher romance novel- I'll try my best not to make it cliché- so this chapter I tried to make you get to know the main character a bit :) 

can you please comment- tell me what you think!!! it would mean so much to have some feedback! Do you like it?? do you hate it?? 
***********************************

Why do I have to go to school?" I ask my mother as I click in the seat belt in her car.
"Sweetheart, do we have to do this every day? You're sixteen now! You have to go to school to learn, make friends-"
"I have no friends..." I mumble half to myself. My mother starts up the car and drives off.
"But surely, darling, you must have one friend."
I smile brightly. "I have lots of friends."
"So why don't you want to go?"
'Because I don't like school. It's boring.' I pout and fold my hands defensively.
"That's not a good enough reason, darling. You have PE today that should be fun!"
"Yeah, I can't wait..." I say sarcastically.
The car pulls to a stop outside a large, old school.
"See you!" I say and quickly get out of the car before my mother could give me a goodbye kiss.
In Math class, I sit in the far left of the class by myself. Nobody says hello to me when I come in. Nobody speaks to me apart from the spotty boy with braces who asks me the answer for the square root of 1600. Much of my classes go the same. At break, I sit by myself on a bench eating a banana and a packet of Doritos. A shadow looms over me and I look up. It's Frankie and her herd of BOMs (Brainless, Obnoxious, Mingers)
"If it isn't Lilly, the girl without a brain." Frankie retorts snidely. The other three BOMs she's with make strange noises that seem to be laughing but sound like crows cackling. The retort is so stupid, I don't feel hurt because I know that I do have a brain, unlike the BOMs. So, I join in with the laughing. But this does not go down well with Frankie and her Gang. Never before has Lilly responded like this. Normally, I'd run off in tears... or just sit there and take the insults and hair pulling- or the clothes stealing.
"What's so funny?" Frankie glares at me hatefully. My smile falters and I inwardly grimace at the girl. Frankie is a much bigger girl than me, not necessarily in width but in height. She's at least three inches taller, and she's also very pretty with long blond hair that's in a ponytail. But Frankie doesn't look remotely pretty. In fact, I think Frankie is the ugliest person I've ever met- at least on the inside...
"W-well, what you said was so... stupid." I say, holding my head up high and getting up from the bench to my full 5 feet 4 inches.
"Now listen, you bitch- Do you know what I think, Lilly? I think you're a sad, lonely girl without any friends whose parents can't stand to look at you because you're a fucking tart!"
"Talking about yourself again, Frankie?" said a boy who had just appeared beside me.
He continued in an uncaring tone, "Because I know that your parents sent you to live with your aunt because they couldn't stand your shit, and the only reason why my mum puts up with your shit, is because she feels sorry for you... Don't know why though."
Everyone gasped in shock. The boy's name was Thomas and he was Frankie's I apologize for not starting from the point that you specified. Here is the revised text starting from that point:
I was so shocked I couldn't say anything. But the nicest part was after Frankie and the BOMs left. Thomas and I spoke for at least 30 seconds before the bell rang. 'Hi I'm Thomas- but my friends call me Tommy- you can call me Tommy if you like.' Wow, did he want to be my friend after all? He just stuck up for me... 'Hi Tommy...I'm Lilly- thanks for sticking up for me' I brushed a stray ringlet from my face. I, with my bronze complexion, almost never blushed. But my cheeks turned a faint pink. 'No problem.' Thomas smiled at me. His light green eyes twinkled with amusement. Then the bell rang and he said he had to go to class but before he left he said "see you around beautiful"
I sighed happily. 'I suppose today wasn't so bad...' But maybe I spoke too soon. Everything seemed fine. It was my last lesson today. PE always ended in tears for me. But today, I swore to myself that it would be different. I was going to stand up for myself, from now on People wont say Lilly who they'll say Oh yeah, Lilly cool! That sounds awesome I like the new name already. I thought happily. I didn't see Frankie watching me as I made my way to the Gym.