20 ♡ edited

A/N: super long reaching 2k words lmao

Kim Jeana

Throwing the duvet off me, I sighed happily. I grabbed my phone, checking the date.

22 October 2016 8:04 A.M

I was definitely excited for my birthday. Like every other year, my colleagues would buy a cake. I was flabbergasted at first when I received a birthday cake but now, I wasn't surprised since it had become a routine for all of us.

I jumped right out of my bunk and head to the bathroom to take a warm bathe and get ready for work.

The advantages of being a doctor was sleeping in this exact hospital. Well, we could actually go back home but the hospital had become my second home. It took a few steps to reach the OR (Operation Room), which was definitely an advantage.

After getting ready, checking my phone one last time, I left the room to meet my friends. Friends? More like family. 12 years was enough for me to understand them, they were like my siblings.

"Happy birthday to you!"

I jumped in surprise when my friends jumped out of the wall with a cake in hand. Clutching my chest, I laughed at them.

"So, how does it feel like to be 28 years old?" Asked Jaehyun.

I grinned. "Great! I feel older,"

We all laughed in unison. Cutting the fruit cake into equal pieces, we started munching on the sweet and soft cake.

"Yah!"

Our head whipped to the sound of voice. Letting out a huff when I noticed it was Seohyun.

"Ne?"

"What are you doing here?" She questioned. "Aren't you suppose to be doing your job?! HUH?!"

I noticed all of my friends scurried and left the hallway immediately. I sighed and walked out. Such a party pooper.

Throwing my cake away, I headed towards Namjoon's room just to check on him. I slide open the door and when Namjoon was aware of my existence, he got up from his bed and plastered a smile.

"Today's your surgery huh?" I teased, checking his blood pressure.

"Should I be scared?" he asked with a glint of concern.

"Nope," I chuckled.

"What if you kill me?" he tilted his head. I glared at him and folded my arms.

"I'm a doctor okay."

He flashed a smile at me and I knew he was still afraid even though I'm the surgeon who will be doing his surgery. Honestly, I was afraid of myself too because crucial things can happen if I or the other nurses did one small mistake which could affect Namjoon's life. But I'm a professional doctor so saving lives is my priority.

"Hyung," I heard a familiar voice.

I craned my head up and was greeted with Jungkook's face. He took off his mask and glanced at me for a moment. I quickly averted my gaze away and had the urge to leave the place as soon as possible.

"Oh Jungkook-ah," Namjoon clenched his fist and bumped his fist onto Jungkook's fist as a special greeting. Boys as expected.

"My assistant and the other nurses will be coming in soon to fetch you for the surgery. Don't worry, everything will be fine," I informed as soon as I finished checking his blood pressure. Namjoon glanced at me and nodded his head. He then mouthed 'talk to Jungkook' at me. I glanced over to Jungkook and his eyes were glued on me. I shook my head and bowed to the both of them, ambling out of the room to change into my surgical uniform. Its not important to think of matters with Jungkook, saving Namjoon life is.