16 ♡ edited

Jeon Jungkook

My eyes averted onto a lovely couple holding hands and flashing a smile at one another. I leaned against the rough white wall and heaved a sigh. Memories of Jeana and I flooded my mind and I felt nostalgic after seeing the couple hand in hand. Its been 12 years and yet, I couldn't move on. I've tried to distract myself with the hectic schedule but even when I'm busy or tired, I thought of her. She was always there for me and would embrace me dearly. I miss everything about her.

I do want to converse with her over a warm coffee and play arcade games with her but we have never been in contact. I still saved her number but she might have changed into a new one. Now that I'm an idol, I rarely get so much breaks and thus, I couldn't meet her. Even if I had the opportunity, I don't think I'm prepared to confront her nor am I able to recognise her.

Furthermore if she didn't change her number, I would probably talk to her. However, due to my popularity, people can recognise me easily. I'm sure she doesn't want any false rumors spreading around the world and worst case scenario, she will probably block me. Being an idol sure is fun but there's a disadvantage to it.

I averted my gaze away and a particular lady caught my eye. She was neatly dressed with a floral knee-length dress, accompanied with a doctor gown and maroon high heels. Her wavy brown hair slides off her shoulder as she raked her hair with her polished nails. She flashed a smile at a few of her male friends at the counter she was conversing with and somehow, her smile reminded me of Jeana. It couldn't be her right?

"You miss her?"

I came back to my senses when Hoseok exited the room. "It has been 12 years, now. I should be able to move on from her, why is it so god damn diffcult?!"

"I can set you up with someone, that should probably work," he stated as he slipped both his hands into the pocket of his grey jacket.

I nodded reluctantly and craned my head down, meeting my gaze with the marble floor. "I guess but Hyung, what about the group? PD-nim wouldn't like it."

"He won't. He recently told me he wanted us to have girlfriends."

I immediately lift up my head and met his gaze. That means I can get Jeana back?But what if I really get punished for dating?

"Are you sure?" I furrowed my brows.

Hoseok nodded his head in return. "I'll think about it. I don't want to get into trouble."

"I respect your decision, maknae."

He patted my shoulder and headed over to the washroom. I let out a heavy sigh and gazed at the doctor again. At that moment, she twirled her face to my direction.I froze and my heart fluttered. She looked very familiar.

Kim Jeana

I scrutinized him from head to toe and I realised he was similarly dressed like the guy I bumped into yesterday. Was he the same person or those kind of fashion are in trend? I wondered how stuffy it would be to wear face mask. Now that I thought of it, he was quite rude yesterday. Shouldn't he helped me out like a gentleman? Men these days only think about themselves.

"I told you he was looking at you," said Jaehyun.

He's very sharp-sighted like a hawk in unnessary things but when in comes to work, he's slow like turtle. I couldn't blame him though because I was curious too. Does he have a problem with me or what?

"Don't you have work to do? Did you check your patient's condition?" complained Dr. Park Kyunsang. He's abit stern in disciplining the nurse and doctor trainees. Jaehyun frowned and grabbed his file, resuming his work. Just then, Dr. Park's phone rang. He excused himself to answer his phone call and finally, I was left alone at the counter. My eyes were still glued onto the man and I chuckled as I reminisced our encounter. He need to learn some manners.

I grabbed my report and sauntered away to my office after catching a last glimpse on him.

~

I sighed as I needed to confront Namjoon's guardian in regards of his surgery. I hoped it wasn't Jungkook out of all people but I didn't see him in the hospital so there's a posibility I wouldn't meet him. I didn't know who was taking care of Namjoon that day but I really prayed its not him. When Jin oppa told me he could be here in the hospital, I felt scared. I didn't know why I was scared but maybe because I didn't want to reminisce our past and create more trouble.

A knock was planted on the door and the door opened, revealing the rude man I saw just now. Is he Namjoon's guardian? If he is, it means that he is a member of BTS.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Namjoon's guardian."

I froze for a moment. He really is a member of BTS but who? He was clearly wearing a face mask and distinguished with dark clothings so I couldn't decipher which member.

"Please have a seat."

He nodded and proceeded to sit infront of the table. I was controlling my anger and I shouldn't bring in personal matters during work so I thought to myself that I should just let go of yesterday. However, I felt really tense. What if he really is Jungkook?

"Namjoon needs to have surgery so it would take awhile for him to fully recover. I strongly encourage him not to dance and resume working because it might worsen his condition after the surgery. So, I would like your consent and his consent for us to prepare for the surgery."

"Will he still be able to dance after recovery?" he asked.

"Yes he can but he needs malnutrition because he's abit weak. I can give you time to think about it and you can update me. Any queries?"

"I would want Namjoon hyung to undergo surgery but he might not be prepared," he said.

So he's younger than Namjoon?

"Sure."

"Thank you, Dr Kim Jea-" he stopped as he read the glass plate on the table with my name engraved on it. I gazed at him for a moment, pondering on why he didn't continue my name.

"Jeana?" he lifted his head up to me and we exchanged gazes.

"Dr. Kim Jeana," I corrected.

His eyes widened as I pronounced my name. I tilted my head, wondering over his weird reaction. Just then, something hit me. Is he-

"Its me, Jungkook."

He revealed his whole face by taking out the face mask and his hoodie. My heart raced and my body turned stiff. He was Jungkook all along?