Chapter Eighteen

It was a dry boring day at the courts. No one wanted to play. No one wanted to speak…it’s been like this ever since that night…with Yomi. She’s been in a coma for only 5 days now, but still…it’s hard to believe. “Damnit, you guys! I hate this! When is she gonna wake up?! If it’s gonna be like this any longer, then maybe I should give her a personal wakeup call!” Black*Star demands. “No, Black*Star. Stein says that even though Marie hit her with her wavelength, she’s still fighting off whatever it is that took over her soul.” Maka says. “But we killed the witch. Shouldn’t that be enough?” Black*Star sighs in defeat. The silence wins again

                “So…who do you think should tell her? You know, about what happened?” Soul asks. “I think Maka and her dad.” Tsubaki answers. “No, Dad’ll get too upset. We already talked. I’m gonna do it.” Maka says. “Then we wanna be there!” Soul tells her. Everyone let little smiles slip onto their faces. I’m the only one that keeps a blank expression…

                We decide to perk up and play a game of basket ball. Throughout the entire game I was thinking of her…he face, smile, eyes, embrace, her laugh…everything… “Hey, Kid, look alive!” Black *Star says. Before I hit the ground I felt something bounce off my head. “Not my fault you weren’t paying attention.” He says. “That still doesn’t give you a right to throw the ball at me, idiot!” I yell at the boy. He shrugs. Everyone laughs. “Now, shall we continue?” a very familiar voice says from outside the circle that surrounds me. Everyone turns to a beautiful red head with deep blue eyes and the breast of a goddess. “Did ja miss me?” she smiles and tilts her head to the side cutely. She bounces the ball against the pavement. She’s wearing yellow shorts and a black belt with a short sleeve batman shirt and black converse. Just beautiful.

                I look over at Maka, who tears up and hugs her sister with joy. “I’m so happy you’re ok.” She says. “Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” she asks, obviously clueless of what happened. “Oh, yeah… I forgot…” Maka’s happiness ran away faster than the dish did with the spoon. “Sit, Yomi.” Maka leads her to the benches off the court. Then the long story begins.

                After about 45 minutes of explaining, both Maka and Yomi burst into uncontrollable tears, but Maka doesn’t run away. Yomi does. Sadness floods into everyone. I can tell by the way everyone’s expressions change…

                It’s raining. I found Yomi out in Death Forest. I can tell by the deep imprint on a tree that it’s the exact same spot things happened earlier in the week. “This is where it happened. Isn’t it?”she asks me. “All the things that I screwed up. All the people I put in danger. Everything. And what did I do to you? Who are you to me? I feel like I know you…and yet we never met.” She says. Her head is down and her back is facing me. It takes a while for me to find the words to say, but I do. “If you come with me…I’ll tell you what happened.” I say. She turns and looks at me with sad eyes. I hold out my hand from under my umbrella. She comes and takes it.

                We finally arrive at where I wanted to be. The janitor’s closet at the DWMA. Yomi pulls my jacket on her shoulders. She smiles and breathes in the air. “It feels good here. But it’s kinda weird since it’s a janitor’s closet.” She scratches her head and blushes. “Yomi…” I say as I grab her hand. Her face turns red. So beautiful. “Yomi… I know that there’s been a lot put on you right now, but I just have to say something…from that day when I first buried my face into your perfect size breast, I knew there was something different about you. I fell in love with you, Yomi. Over the days that we spent together, I’ve fallen more and more in love with you…even through the days that you were possessed by that witch [btw, never say that to a girl…] I knew that we would pull you out no matter what.” I take her hand and place it on my chest and I do the same with her. She blushes deeply. “My heart has never pounded so hard and so fast in my entire life.” I quoted her. She smiles at me. “The best thing about this…I get to fall in love with you all over again. Yomi, I love you.” I say.

                Hey beautiful blue eyes begin to tear. “I believe you… The way that my heart is beating inside of me right now. I believe you. I want you…to make me fall in love with you again. Help me.” she says with pleading eyes. “I will.” I smile at her. I pull her close to me and before she has a say in it, I kiss her. sweet and gentle it was. A beautiful moment. I felt a firecracker go off from inside of me. I was positive that she heard my heart beating. She breaks the kiss, revealing her red face.

                “Before we continue, please, tell me your name.” she smiles.

                This is gonna be one hell of an adventure…

                It’s weird that I’m just now thinking of this, but, I’m falling in love with a kishin…