Chapter Ten

I’m not going to school today. My heart won’t be able to take looking at Yomi. I can’t…take it. She killed a human and ate their soul. Right in front of me. She’s the night kishin… Liz and Patty both know of this.

I can’t believe it. This must be some sort of mistake. That’s right. A mistake. Yomi would never kill a human. She would never kill twenty humans. But, what she said last night… the way shelooked at me. her stone-cold eyes… it wasn’t her.

No, it wasn’t her; I know it wasn’t her!! YOMI WOULNT THINK ABOUT KILLING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, BECOMING A KISHIN…ANYTHING!!

Yomi…

The doorbell rings. Slowly, I get up to answer it. The door swings open and Soul and Yomi stand behind it. My heart drops. I almost fall to my knees and beg her to stop murdering the innocent humans that live, but then Soul would find out. And that wouldn’t be good.

“Liz told me you were sick, so I brought you some soup that I made. It always helps Mama when she gets sick.” Yomi smiles. Her beautiful smile is still the same. It’s all the same. Her symmetry, her beauty, everything.

“Thank you.” I take the container from her hands and invite them inside. We all sit on the couch. “How’re you feeling?” Soul asks. “Better.” I say. “That’s good to hear. Listen, Yomi, call Maka whenever you’re ready for me to come and get you, alright? I’ll talk to you later. Hope you feel better soon, Kid.”  Soul says. He exits. We’re alone now. Should I talk to her about it? Or will she kill me for doing that?

“I asked Death if I could come and visit you. He said it would be alright. Your dad is so awesome!” she smiles. “Let me see how hot you are.” She says. Her hand pushes my bangs up. I almost flinch. “You’re warm. You want me to get you something?” she asks. I shake my head. She takes my hand and looks at me with sympathetic eyes. “You’ll be fine.” She puts on a smile.

“Yomi…” it hurts to say her name. “I, we need to talk.” I tell her. “Of course! What do you wanna talk about?” she said. “Last night.” I tell her. She raises an eye brow. “Don’t make that face it ruins your symmetry!” I said. She laughs. “Okay, what about last night?” she asks.

“Don’t you remember anything?” I ask her. She shakes her head, “Not really, no. I only remember waking up with Papa in my face.” She giggles. “No, Yomi. Last night. You were outside. With me. Patty. Liz. You don’t remember?!” she squints her eyes and looks very confused. “No… I don’t…” “YOMI, YOU KILLED A PERSON!!! I SAW YOU DO IT!! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, YOMI. YOU DON’T HAVE TO HIDE IT!! DON’T LIE TO ME!!!” I yell while shaking her. She looks at me really worried.

Her facial expression shows that she thinks im a total mad man.

Have I finally gone mad? All of this that’s happening. Could I have finally lost my mind? Could I have officially lost the tiny bit of insanity that I have left?

About 45 minutes pass. Yomi and I argue. I try to tell her about what she’d done, but she continuously says that I’m accusing her of being a murderer. She keeps wiping her eyes. Their red. She’s crying. I don’t want that…but I don’t want her going around killing people either.

“WELL FINE THEN, KID, I’M THE KISHIN!!! HAPPY NOW?!” she hollers before exiting the house, slamming the door behind her.

Well, that went swell…