Chapter Eight

When I awaken, it's about 6:48 a.m. (the perfect time!) Yomi wasn't on the couch with me like she was last night. I get up and go to my room. She's not there either. I'm starting to worry.

I check Patty's room. Empty. Then Liz's room. Maka, Tsubaki, Liz, Patty, and Yomi were asleep. I guess they had a little get together while I was asleep. I gently knock on the door. Yomi's head was the first to pop up. Her hair was in a perfect ponytail. She yawns and looks at me. I wave at her. Her face lights up.

She hops over all the other girls and gives me a hug when she reaches me. "Good morning." She whispers. I repeat her words back to her. "Are you hungry?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Not yet. I usually don't eat until later in the morning. Before school." She says. I nod.

The two of us make our way back downstairs and on the couch. She takes my hand and rubs it with her thumb. "Did you sleep well?" I ask her. She nods and smiles. "What about you?" she replies. "I missed you. When I woke up I was wondering where you went." She laughs a little. "That's funny."

The doorbell rings loudly. I raise a brow. "Who could that be so early in the morning?" I ask myself. My hand slips from Yomi's and I answer the door. It's Stein. "Kid, I…" he notices Yomi on the couch. "She had a sleepover." "I can see that." Stein says. "Anyway, I came here to tell you that we need to see you, Maka, Black*Star and all your weapons ASAP. Bring Sayomi too." He demands. I look over my shoulder at Yomi, then back at Stein. "Okay, gotcha." I say. He tells me one more time to get there as fast as I can.

"Hiya, kids! How's it goin? Good to see ya!" Dad says as we enter the death room. "Stein said you needed to see us." Maka said. "Oh, right! Well, I have an assignment for you! It seems that there may be a kishin living somewhere in Death City and I need for you all to keep a look out for it. We don't know what we're dealing with yet, but it seems to be very dangerous. The kishin took out about 20 humans yesterday, three of them being students from the academy. I want you all to be careful, okay? If you need help, just call Yomi! Alright? She'll be here with me most of the time!" Dad pats Yomi on the head. She smiles.

"And one more thing. This kishin tends to come out only at night time, so be careful if you're out there. Make sure if you do go out at night, your partner will be with you the entire time. Got it?" Stein adds. We all nod and hum, except Black*Star. "I CAN TAKE ON THAT KISHIN WITHOUT A WEAPON! HAHAHA! FOR I AM THE AMAZING BLACK*ST…" "WE GET IT!" everyone yells at him. All the girls giggle after shouting at him, but I can only hear Yomi's.

It's night time. Me and Yomi were coming back from getting some tea for Dad. I walked her home and now I'm all by myself. I can't help but to think of that kishin that Dad talked about. What if it attacks now? I don't have Liz and Patty here with me, but I am trained to fight as well…*sigh* let me not think about this…

"Hey, Kid!" I hear someone yell from behind me. It's Maka. She's walking with Soul and Patty. "What are you three doing here? It's late shouldn't you all be home. "Nooo!" Patty shouts. "Soul and I were out getting groceries for dinner tonight. Soul was being picky, so I told him to come with me to get what he wants." It wasn't until then that I realized the grocery bags in Soul's hands. "Ah, I see. Well, you guys should be getting off now, shouldn't you?" I ask. "Yeah. Well, see you around, Kid." Maka waves. "See ya later." Soul says. I wave back at them before heading on my way home. Patty comes along with me.

I continue to think about the kishin… 20 human souls in one night…and it's somewhere in Death City. This must be one hell of a kishin…