Chapter Seventeen

Just as she was going to deliver the finally strike, she turns to protect herself. It was Black*Star – assisted by Tsubaki in her kusarigama [Chain Scythe] form. “Don’t you dare touch him, you witch!” Black*Star shouts. “Who the hell do you think you are to call someone a witch?” Yomi shouts angrily.

                It lightning strikes, shortly followed by thunder. The rain begins to pour down after that. That’s when the pain began to build again. Heavier this time. I grunt and fall to the ground. I watch from the wet grass. Liz and Patty change into their human forms and try to take care of me. Liz sits me in her lap.

                Maka immerges from the thin lining of smoke. Her clothes were kind of tattered and worn. You can tell that the fight was heavy. Next to her appears a frustrated looking Stein, accompanied by Marie (not in weapon form and who I had no idea was still here…) and Spirit, Maka’s old man, in weapon form, being wielded by the professor.

                “You know that plan, don’t you, Maka? Black*Star?” Stein asks. The two hum. “Liz, Patty, take care of Kid. This shouldn’t take long.” Stein says, removing his glasses. “All of you attacking little ol’ Yomi? How unfair.” Yomi says… I can barley tell what’s happening. With the loss of blood combined with the rain and fog, it’s really hard to tell what’s happening.

                “Let’s end this.” Black*Star says. “Finally, Yomi, I can see what you’re made of.” He continues. “Don’t get your hopes up little boy.” Yomi summons her weapon. “HA! Little boy? Im the star of the show! Nothing can stop me once I’m on stage…now, let’s take it from the top. Tsubaki, enchanted sword mode!” Black*Star demands. Tsubaki agrees with a low “right”.

                Black star goes for Yomi while the other’s ready themselves. “Maka, get ready.” Stein says.

                The rain begins to come down harder and the thunder and lightning continues to take turns. It’s like an action movie scene…except more blurry. “Stein, can we please hurry! Kid’s loosing blood!” Liz pleads. “Soul, Now!” Maka shouts. Black*Star releases Tsubaki, she turns into her human form and so does Soul. They all grab Yomi’s arms. Keeping her restricted from doing any harm. Her weapon withdraws. “So, what are you gonna do now? Kill me?” Yomi asks. “Not quite.” Stein says. I can feel my eyes go heavy. The world seems to turn in ways I didn’t know even existed. “I can’t hold on, she’s slipping!” Soul shouts. My eyes pop open again. Yomi’s left hand is free. She uses that to her advantage, drawing her sword and swinging it around, causing Black*Star and Maka to le8st go to dodge.     

                “Well, looks like we have to take a different route. Right Yomi?” Black*Star says. Black*Star is ready behind Yomi, striking her with his Soul Menace. She flies and crashes into Soul, both of them smashing into a tree. From what I can see Yomi is knocked out. My eyes begin to drift again, but I manage to force them open. Marie casually walks up to Yomi. Her mouth drips with blood. I hate to see her in such a state, but I continue to watch.

                Marie closes her eyes and holds up her hand. She says softly out, “Wavelength of Redemption…” and slams it into Yomi’s back. A loud yelp escapes Yomi. I hear Maka begin to cry. The rain continues. My body can’t take it anymore and my eyes shut, unable to open them I fall into a deep, deep sleep…the pain still traveling through my body like a nonstop train.

                Yomi…I love you…