Chapte Thirteen

It’s night. Probably the same time we saw Yomi that night. That dreadful night. I can’t help but to think about what happened…

~AH-HA, FLASHBACK TIME!!!~

                I heard Patty and Liz gasp through their weapon form as Yomi removed her hood. I would have done the same, but I had no breath… Yomi smirked and licked those soft pink lips of hers before holding the soul up to her face, as to inspect it. She says to us before she eats it, “I wonder…how the sould of a reaper would taste.”

                She holds the soul above her her head, leans her head back, letting her strawberry scented hair fall down the back of her cloak, and she devours the soul. I can’t help but to stare. What the hell is happening? Can this really be Yomi?

                “Ahahahahahahaha,” she laughs at us. “Don’t pretend you’ve never seen someone eat a soul before. Ya know…maybe you should try it, Death the Kid.” she offers. “I just might spare your pathetic little life if you try it. C’mon kid,” she pauses and walks toward me. I can’t move my body. I’m obviously too shell-shocked to do anything at this point.

                She places her hands on my cheeks and starts me deep into the eyes, and that’s when I realize…her eyes are a dark purple. Cold and empty. Like a hollow stone.

                She brings her lips to mine, pressing them against each other. I begin to kiss back – not being able to resister the warmth of her lips – but she pulls away and brings her lips to my left ear, whispering “We can become kishin…together.”

                My heart skips a beat. I’m frozen in that very spot. Liz and Patty are just as stunned as I am. Yomi places her hood back over her head and begins to walk away. “Think about it, Death the Kid. I’ll be waiting.”

                Yomi jumps into the air, joining two other cloaked figures, and disappears into the night…

                Yomi…what happened to-

~FLASHBACK INTERRUPTED~

                “KID, LOOK OUT!!” I hear Liz scream at me. Just in the nick of time, I jump out of the way of a large katana sword that was aimed for my chest. “What are you thinking about, Kid? Wake up! This isn’t the normal Yomi. Just look at her eye color.” Liz says, unaware that I’ve already noticed before…

                I look at the beautiful girl:

                Her hair in a tight, and yet very perfect pony tail, a pair of black shorts, black tights, flat-foot boots, and a big sleeved shirt with a death symbol with a red slash going through it. What’s happened to her…?