Part 32

hey guys, as you can probably tell my story is coming to an end. i have had a lot of fun writing this romance tragedy story and hope to make a sequel that is about Kathrine and the other's later lives. i am pretty excited for that because i am really excited to say what happens to Calum and Kathrine since they already have this sweet little love going on. i hope you will check it out when i start it, special thanks to you readers for putting up with my writing and to my friend Jean who is amazing. please Comment and Vote

-Eliza

by the time they arrived at the palace it was dark, Tristan had sent a letter before hand saying that they would arrive. Calum had been quiet the entire ride while Andrew and Nicolas bickered quietly. Brenin laughed happily, too young to know what had happened to his mother, Tristan gave the child a sad smile before whipping the child's chin. they neared the castle and the boys were ecstatic to go in. 

Eileen and Edward met them outside, she ran throwing her arms around him already crying. Tristan felt a new wave of sadness hit him. she let go and hugged the boys making sure they knew that they were loved. Edward was next and gave him a sad smile, Tristan nodded and they walked in. 

"Tristan-" Eileen chocked up, covering her mouth from crying.

"How long will you be staying?" Edward finished for her. 

"As long as it takes to rebuild the castle, it won't take long. besides i have to get back- back to Lisa." he said, his emotions giving in. 

days passed and by the time the letter came telling them they could home Tristan was dealing with the pain much better. he had to be strong for Lisa, he had promised her. Kathrine laughed as Calum chased her around the rooms as they played hide-and-go-seek. Calum and Nicolas looked most like to their mother, while Calum had wild curly brown hair like hers Nicolas had the pin straight hair from Tristan, but it still didn't excuse its chestnut color. 

"You can't catch me!" Kathrine giggle running behind the sofa. 

Tristan smiled and plucked Brenin from off the floor. Nicolas and Andrew stood up seeing their father leave the room.  they followed quickly behind.

"Da where are ye goin'?" Nicolas asked. 

"We must get the carriage ready, Granddad has said we can come home." He said with a grin.

"I'll get Calum." Andrew said running off. 

Tristan grinned and helped the others inot the carriage. Andrew raced out laughing, Calum after him, his face red. Kathrine was grinning behind. Calum stopped and turned to face Kathrine again, whispering something to her, she giggled and nodded before Calum grinned and walked down to the carriage. Tristan helped them in and closed the door behind them.

Eileen watched from the steps as her giddy daughter skipped in, she smiled. Edward walked over a curious expression on his face.

"What was that about?" he asked her.

"Tis a secret." she said with a giggle. 

"I am your father, to me you have no secrets. what did he say to you?" Edward asked again.

"He said when he is older he will come back for me!" she said with a giggle before running off. 

Eileen burst out laughing at the look on Edward's face. he glared at the door, Eileen took him by the arm and led him off. she was broken about Lisa's death but she smiled against everything.