Part 10

Eileen walked next to a few other ladies, together they had all gone into the town to shop for gowns. Eileen was still in shock at how in a few mere seconds her friend had left her. Lisa's mother talked proudly ahead, noticing Eileen's discomfort. 

as they entered the last store, horns of warning alarmed her. she spun to the sound, looking at the castle. she took off sprinting, the other ladies running to the busy streets to get a better look. Eileen ran down the street and into the castle, many of the dukes were moaning in pain as they had brusies and wounds. 

"Cinaed!" she screamed out.

"Eileen!" the king yelled. 

she turned and looked over to him. Edward and Cinaed running behind him, she ran up to them. 

"What is wrong?" she asked frantically.

"Some assassin came in!" Edward said.

"Were?!" 

Edward lead the way, Cinaed and Eileen running behind her. Duke Neil was crying and banging on a door calling out to Viviana. 

"Duke!"

"she is in there! vivi's in there!" he cried out.

Eileen pushed them all aside and kicked through the door. a man cloaked in deep purple stood, he held Viviana by her hair. she was on her knees trying to plead with him to let her go. her eyes widened and she called out to him. Duke Neil screamed for her and then the assassin brought the jeweled dagger and slit her throat. 

she gasped, before her eyes clouded over with death and he pushed her over. Duke Neil watched as his wife fell dead, Eileen drew her blades and attacked the man. he was quick on his feet and jumped out the window. 

Cinaed ran to the window.

"He is moving to the waiting room!" he exclaimed.

Eileen led the way and sure enough, there he was. though he was speaking to another assassin.

"They are-" he never finished his sentence before Eileen's whip curled around his neck. 

she pulled it back and hid it behind her, staring in horror as the other assassin had Lisa. she struggled against her attacker as a knife was at her throat.

"Are these people assassins?" the man yelled to Lisa.

she gasped for breath and for a moment Eileen worried for what Lisa would say. 

"N-No! i have never seen them in my life!" she gasped out. 

she heard Cinaed suck in his breath, Eileen stared at her friend. 

"Don't lie to me!" the man screamed.

"I am not lying! i have never seen them before! please, sir, just let me go." she cried. 

"Oh dear Lisa, don't lie." Caroline's smooth voice said. 

Eileen turned to see Caroline walk into the room, coming in from another secret room. She fixed her gloves, and laughed. Lisa struggled harder and her mother cackled harder. 

"Mother!"

"Tell him the truth Lisa, who are these people!" Caroline said. 

"I-i have never seen them!" she yelled back. 

Caroline scowled at her, and took another knife out of her sleeve. she walked around her daughter and made the assassin throw her on the floor. Cinaed's fist tightened at his sides, Lisa stared up at them. her face blank, masking the lies of her words.