Part 17

Lisa rode silently next to Eileen, she had fallen asleep and rested her head on the wall. Lisa still hadn't decided to tell Eileen anything of her knowing of the baby, since Eileen had not said anything about it to her. Edward had grown some in the fact that he looked more roguish from the stubble that was growing on his chin. Stephan still looked the same, cleanly cut with a ghost of a smile. she looked out the window, watching the scenery pass by, she had barely been allowed out of the castle. she sighed and looked to her hands. 

by the time they arrived to Wales, days had passed. Lisa was sick and tired of being in the middle of no where. Stephan ran inside and the staff greeted him cheerfully, Lisa and Eileen followed behind. Edward was speaking to him about the luggage, before going after them. Lisa walked in, it was had beautiful carvings of Greek gods on the sides of the giant fire place and stair case. some of the sautes had hacks in them. it smelled greatly of paint and of wood shavings.

"Your rooms are in the back upstairs. the gardens, loch, village, the most of the valleys we passed and the west and east woods are mine. you are all able to visit them when you please, cook makes the best vegetables and i hope you will all join me then." Stephan said with a grin.

"Of course when will dinner be served?" Eileen asked. 

"In about an hour, cook doesn't know we have arrived." he said with a mischievous grin. 

"I think i will go look at the leaves." Lisa said looking out the window to the orange forest. 

"Alright, just be careful." he said

Lisa nodded and walked out the house. servants gave quick bows as they moved the bags inside. she smiled and walked off to the forest. the leaves were already turning from green to orange and red. many leaves fell around her, she breathed in deeply, feeling the peace of it all. she walked through the trees tossing some leaves in the air. she walked further in, the castle was still in view but just barley. 

she crouched at a small stream and stuck her hand into the cool water.

"you better not lean in so far, you might fall." a new voice said. 

she spun around to see a young man around her age standing next to his black horse. he gave her a sly smile and took a step towards her. her heart beat faster, never in her life had she seen this young man. for all she knew he could rape her, and kidnap her. he stopped sensing her distress and began to laugh, her face reddened. 

"What!" she snapped. 

"Your face, do you take me for a rappist!" he exclaimed laughing harder. 

"Why!" she snapped. 

she sent him a glare and stormed past him, shoving him out of her way. his horse whinnied in annoyance,  Lisa walked off. not even noticing that she had dropped one of her favorite emerald necklaces. 

"Hey wait! i don't even get your name?" he yelled. 

"Go away!" she yelled back. 

she stormed off back to the castle, not looking back to see his smirking face. she went straight to her room glaring at the floor. how dare he! she ran into her room, theories running throughout her head of who he was and how he had any right to stop and talk to her that way. she was a Scottish lady of the highlands, and you never said that to a lady. she looked at herself in the mirror, her black gown looked old and worn in. she sighed now seeing that to another lord or what ever he was she would look like a regular girl. 

she changed and brushed her hair out, braiding it and pinning it around her head to form some kind of crown. she walked down the stairs to hear the clatter of Knives and Forks and the familiar sound of conversation. she put a smile on and walked in to the room sitting down next to Eileen. 

"Lisa, where have you been all afternoon?" she asked.

"Just looking around, wandering really." She said.

"Ah, yes, i hope you didn't wander to far into the West woods, most of it is part of the Marus land, or clan. anyways, we are friendly to them but you know, every man and his land, we don't like to travel into their land they don't into ours." Stephan said. 

"Perhaps we will visit them, besides they have a pretty bit of land." Edward said happily. 

"Yes, sure. anyways, Laird Marus is a very kind man. loves everyone, has a lot of daughters, well did, they all married away. his only son and only child in his home is a really king lad." Stephan said taking a sip of his drink.

Lisa coughed, the drink she had been sipping on. Eileen gave her a worried look and Lisa waved it off. Stephan looked up and nodded. 

"Yes, we're not the best of friends but we still are. the lad can ride, that i can tell you for sure. he likes the west woods quit a lot. though you wouldn't have seen him, he has been away for a really long time. not sure for what but yes, been gone."Stephan added. 

"Then we shall pay Laird Marus a visit tomorrow." Edward suggested. 

"No! i mean, i am not feeling to well. i think i will not go." Lisa said hurriedly. 

"If you say so. i can send Cook to make you soup if you want." Stephan suggested.

"No, thank you. i believe i will lay down, see you all tomorrow." she said standing and leaving. 

"Lisa!" Eileen called following her out. 

Lisa walked to her room, Eileen on her heels. she stopped and turned to face her friend.

"What is wrong Lisa? you have been on edge ever since we arrived at your castle. did you not want us there?" Eileen asked. 

"No, Eileen, it is not that." Lisa said walking into her room Eileen following quickly. 

Lisa sat on her bed and patted for Eileen to join her. Eileen nodded and sat next to her, her sapphire eyes demanding an explanation. Lisa sighed not wanting to remember Cinaed. 

"I was so glad when you all came!" Lisa started. 

"you are still in love with Cinaed." Eileen stated.

"Yes." Lisa mumbled looking at her hands. 

"Oh dear Grale, you really haven't been receiving my letters!"

"No, i believe my mother has something to do about it. you see we never killed her, i have much reason to believe that my mother killed my father. and if she did she also could have stolen your letters." Lisa said. 

"oh, no."

"What?"

"I wrote telling you that Stephan wanted to invite us to his castle! if she has been receiving my letters then she knows where we are!" Eileen gasped. 

 "I only pray that she doesn't already know where his castle is. Have your assassin skills gotten rusty?" Lisa asked. 

"Of course not! such a thought is revolting." Eileen snapped. 

"Then i think we will be alright, for now at least. you have to keep on your guard, for all we know she is here and is plotting to kill one of us. Edward and you are top priority since when King Angus dies you are next in line." Lisa said. 

"Yes, i will tell Edward and Stephan right away."Eileen said jogging to the door. 

"Oh and Lisa, i am sorry, it happened all of a sudden most of us didn't even know who she was. Cinaed just brought this girl home and said he was going to marry her." Eileen said.

"It is alright." she said softly.

Eileen nodded and closed the door behind her. Lisa sighed, the fresh feelings of neglect coming back to her. she changed into her night gown and slipped into bed. she read her book as the weather changed from calm to stormy.