Bluetail

"Cedarstar your alive! Thank Starclan!" Birchwood screamed as she rushed over to Cedarstar as she got up. "H-How?" Moon hesitated as she whispered to me. "I-I don't know..." I stuttered. I didn't know what I did and how I did it, but it was defiantly not normal. I ran over to Birchwood to help her get Cedarstar steady on her feet. "How did you...do that?" Birchwood asked while we were walking back to our camp. "I don't know if I even did it," I replied. We got back to camp and let Cedarstar rest. Birchwood went back to her nest, but not to far away, and Moon went back into the forest. I was alone, so I ran into the forest.

I slowed to a trot when I started to see a big puddle. The crystal blue water sparkled underneath the moon and stars. I padded up to the puddle and stuck my paw into the unnaturally cold water. Some how this made me feel safe, like when I was a kit. I laid down and and closed my eyes.

--Flashback--

"Wake up now, my little Blue," a soft, sweet voice sounded. My vision was engulfed in darkness, which I didn't think was normal. Slowly, the darkness started to lighten. I opened my eyes. "Hello" she purred very delicately. Her pelt was as white as snow, her right eye was a vibrant icy blue color and the other was a vivid green color. I looked to my left and saw a pair of green eyes staring at me. Then I looked to my right and saw a pair of eyes like my mother's. I guess these were my siblings. "Finally, she opened her eyes!" said my the one with green eyes. "Pipe down Clover," my mom said. He was a very light grey, almost white. "He's always loud when he gets excited," said the odd-eyed one, I was guessing that's my sister. She was white like my mother. "Winter, how about you and Clover go play," "Ok Frost!" she said and then bounded off with her brother. Frost, that's what my mother's name is."I wanna play too!" I mewed. I tried to stand up, but just to fall back down again. "Rest, little one" she purred. To think I could stand up, I was exhausted. So, I just let sleep over come me. 

I woke up to find sunlight dappled on my pelt. Clover and Winter was already awake and playing just a few fox-lengths away. I tried to stand up. After a few moments of struggling, I managed to stand up right. I went over to my siblings to see what they were doing. "No I wanna be the one wh- wait, how are your paws blue?!" Clover seemed shocked. I looked at my paws, they were blue. Is this normal? "Cool, and your tail is blue too!" Winter meowed excitedly. "Oooh, wanna go exploring?" Clover suggested. "Shouldn't we ask first," Winter shifted her paws nervously as if was a bad idea. "What if we get lost," I mewed. I didn't want to get separated from my family. My only family, I thought. "It's fine..." he said. "Okay, but if we get lost, I'm blaming it on you." Winter retorted. "How can you blame it on me if you can't find me" Clover retorted back. "Lets just go!" I said excited. This was gonna be my first time exploring the wild!

We snuck out while Frost wasn't watching and ran. Feeling the breeze on my pelt, it was amazing! Clover stopped. "Hey I think I smell something!" then bounded off without warning. "Clover, wait!" Winter ran off trying to catch him. I ran as fast as I could to try to catch up to them. I yelled out there names, but heard nothing. I was alone. Separated from my family. My only family. 

It was cold that night and I was exhausted. More than ever I wanted to curl up beside my mother's pelt and sleep. "Blue!" I heard a faint voice cry out. "Blu..." It was I familiar voice. "Bl...!" The voice grew more fainter even time they called out my name. Clover! He must be looking for me... Even though I didn't want to get up I still I got up weakly and ran toward the voice. At first I didn't see him. That's when everything started to get cold. Really cold. I fell to the cold forest floor as I felt as I were about to die. That's when something touched my fur. Clover.  "Blue!" Tears were forming in his eyes. "Are you okay? Your freezing cold!" He asked. "W-where's W-Winter?" I said. The thought of my sister being dead made me shiver even more against the cold. "I can't find her...come on, lets spend the night in that bush...we'll look in the morning, okay?" he decided. I couldn't walk. I felt frozen to the ground. "Blue?" I felt my heart slow down every second I stayed in the cold. Clover tried to pick me up in his jaws but failed. He put me on his back and crawled as fast as he could into the bush. He put me down on soft moss that was under the bush. "Don't die on me Blue...your probably the only family I have left...". That's when i felt a few tears fall on my fur. Clover laid down next to me and wrapped his tail around me protectively, as if I was his kit. Warmth spread through my pelt, and we rested for that night.

I felt...safe.

--End of Flashback--