Cedarstar

Chapter 5 (Cedarstar)

After finding out that Birchwood had lived with dogs, it made me feel much better about being raised by foxes. I mean, if that didn't come up, I would've regretted telling MistClan my secret so soon. I pad over to Bluetail's den. She looks up. "Hey. What's up?" She asked. I shrugged. "Bluetail, I'm staying at TreeClan for the night. Could you take over?" Excitement flashed through her eyes. "Yes! I mean... yes. Yes. I'll recruit a deputy, hire new warriors, schedule extra gatherings-" "No, no, no. I'm just staying over night. My clan will get suspicious if I stay here more than a night." She sighed. "Ok. Just, will you be back tomorrow?" I shrugged. "I don't know. I hope so." "Until then will I be able to call myself Bluesta-" "No. I gotta go bye!" I ran off toward the borders, past the ocean, and into TreeClan territory.

I was met by Mapletail at the entrance. "Where were you? We were worried sick!" My glance shifted to a tree. "Well, they would only settle an agreement if I... stayed over night. I had to stay and watch over the elders. Well, they didn't give in after that. Yep. Stubborn clan they are." Sweat trickled down my face, and I padded to my tree before he could reply. Magnolialeaf padded into my den. "Hey sis! Where have you been? I know you're not telling Mapletail, but I still want to know. You can tell me anything." I hate it when she acts mature. She's probably the most immature cat I know, but I'll take what I can get. I'm glad we're not blood related, because Mapletail is her brother. "Well, can you keep a secret?" I asked. She nodded, expression blank. "I'm leader of two clans. A secret clan called MistClan. It's only four cats, but we're good friends. I have a deputy and everything. Magnolialeaf, even StarClan approved." She gaped at me. "This is a big step for you..." I laughed. "Like you would know. Watch out, I killed my brothers." And with that I trotted out.

I decided to stay a bit longer so TreeClan wouldn't get any ideas. Magnolialeaf vowed not to tell, and I guess I'll believe her. I don't know why I don't want to tell Mapletail, he is my deputy. As good a warrior as he is, he blabbed about the above and my working with the ancestor, Lion. Lion gave his life in the above to save Mapletail, Warriorheart, and I from the vicious canine ancestor, Wolf. As terrible as I feel, Lion was a bit aggressive. 

As I hopped into my tree, I noticed a hawk flying by. It swooped down toward Foxbark. Her tiny body stood no chance against the hawk's vicious talons. I jumped down from the highest branch and landed on all four paws. Pausing to take a breath, I sprinted toward the hawk and lashed out at it with my claws. It stared me cold in the eye and stopped dead. It hopped onto the ground and skipped around in circles. Then it hissed at us and flew off. That might have been the weirdest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of weird things. But the fact that it didn't attack Foxbark when I came over, makes me wonder. 

I padded back to my tree. Yes, I didn't hunt birds, but there weren't many mice around this season. It made me miss hunting fish with MistClan. I'm really glad MistClan understands. I couldn't choose anyone better to be a part of a group like that. As nightfall approached, I hopped onto the highest branch of my cedar tree to look at the view. If I squinted enough, I could see the tiny figures of MistClan just passed the peak of the ocean. They were hunting fish in the shallows. I wanted so much to be there with them; have that kind of fun. 

I looked around at my clan. I heard voices yelling from a distance. They were slightly familiar, but not from TreeClan. They got louder and then stopped. I heard a scream and hopped from my tree. Cats were gathered around something. Pushing my way through, I saw Sprucetongue sprawled out in the dirt, a gash in her throat. I hissed angrily. "What happened?" I demanded. "They're still here!" Ficusear hissed. I whipped around to see Warriorheart standing in front of me. His massive body blocked out the moonlight, so it was hard to see. "What are you doing here?" I hissed. Warriorheart was the deputy of CaveClan. He's also Magnolialeaf's mate, which I really hate. He was and most likely still a good friend of mine, we just... got is some disagreements sometimes. CaveClan is strange, mainly because, pretty much, we're allies, but then we're not, we're allies, but then we're not. 

He stomped his paw on the ground angrily. "You know why we're here! Spill it, Cedarstar." I stepped back, confused. "We know you're leader of two clans. What, you think we're stupid?" "Yeah." I muttered under my breath, biting my tongue to keep from laughing. "Why did you kill Sprucetongue?" I demanded. "We didn't! Our new allies did." He waved his tail and Strikestar of LightningClan stepped up. "Cedarstar, we have some unfinished work." He launched at me and Mapletail jumped in my way. He pushed his paw forward and knocked Strikestar away from me. He leaped at him and pinned him down. Strikestar kicked Mapletail off of him and ran back at me. He knocked me over and pinned me down. He grinned, drool seeping from his teeth. He unsheathed his claws and brought his left paw up. I braced for pain but then Strikestar was pushed out of the way. He grunted as he hit a tree and I turned to see who that was. It was Bluetail.

Silvermoon jumped out and lashed at Warriorheart. I was surprised Herbstar allowed this. Herbstar is such a calm, sweet leader. We were really good friends before she kind of went crazy, so maybe that explains it. Warriorheart pushed Silvermoon out of the way and made his way toward me. MistClan spread out, and I stood up. TreeClan stared at me, confused. I closed my eyes and wished, with all my heart, that this was a dream.                                                                              But it wasn't.