Bluetail

Chapter 2 (Bluetail)

After Cedarstar's clan meeting, I watched her stare at herself in the stream. At first was confused at why she was just standing there, after a couple of heartbeats, I hesitated, then went over. " Cedarstar, are you okay?" I ask, concerned. A warm smile spread across her face before she answered, " Don't worry about me, I'm fine, go and rest." I nodded and obeyed her orders. Finally, I settled in my nest of soft moss and let sleep over come me. 

I awoke before sunhigh and started to groom my white and blue pelt. As I padded outside the warriors' den, the sunlight hit me like a wave of fresh ocean water. I saw only a few cats outside sharing tongues.

I sent out the dawn patrol before I went to go hunt and enjoy the breeze.

A little after sunhigh I made it back to the camp, set the sunhigh patrol and the dusk patrol, then asked Applewood if she wanted to hunt. "Sure, just let me grab my apprentice." When Applewood said those words, I was curious to when Cedarstar would give me my own apprentice. When she got back she added, "Can we also train at the tree hollow." "Sure" This time I was actually excited to see how Applewood's apprentice, Cherrypaw, was doing with her battle training.

"Good!" Applewood was commenting on how Cherrypaw knocked her off her paws. I was impressed too. "That was it, lets go back to camp." We followed Applewood as we bursted through the undergrowth.

When we made it back to camp all seemed to be peaceful.

Everyone was sharing tongues but the only one I didn't see was Cedarstar. I was guess she went to her other clan, Treeclan. Only me and Silvermoon knew about Cedarstar's secret, that knew of. 

I set all the patrols so there was nothing else for me to do. It was getting late and I decided to go look for her. The first stars of Silverpelt were starting to appear, and I thought she should be back by now. I ran through bracken and brambles and slowed down at an oak tree with vines growing on it. That was the oak tree that marked the border between Mistclan and Treeclan besides the scent markers. After a few moments, I heard a rustle so I climbed up a tree and eyed the bush from where the sound was coming from.

Hope sparked in me as I was thinking of my leader walking through the bush, but it was someone I didn't recognized at first, then I slowly realized it was my friend, River. She was a blue-grey tabby with a white pelt like me, but she was a kittypet which is why I always thought she should be careful on clan territory. I jumped down from the tree. "WHAT are you doing here!?" "It obviously doesn't look like your happy to see me." I knew she was being sarcastic, because she's always like that, but I think it's funny. "You know you need to be careful on clan territory, someone could have attacked you!" "I would be fine! I know how to fight." She does know how to fight, but not like clan cats. " If you get caught, I'll just laugh." I replied coldly even though it's not true.

" Better go before your twolegs get worried," "Ok see you later". As we said our finally goodbyes, I sat by the border, and waited for my leader to return.