Birchwood

Chapter 4 (Birchwood)

     "Birchwood! No!"  I jump up from the nightmare.
     "Birch, what's wrong?" Bluetail asks. I almost say nothing, but then realize that Cederstar and Silvermoon were with her.
     "I don't-" I try to start.
"You've been having these nightmares for the past moon." Cederstar interrupts.
     "Seriously, what's going on?" Silvermoon also says. "I..umm..sigh...when I was just a kit," tears start to form in my eyes. "My mother used to take me out to a ledge where we would watch the sunset. One day I fell, far away. I didn't know where I was. I didn't know what I would do. But then, some dogs picked me up because they thought my short tail signaled I was a dog. I was mostly trained to fight, biting a scratching my way to winning fights."
"Wait a second..DOGS?!" Silvermoon asked.
     "Yeah but, at least they taught me to fight, right? Look guys, I know now that dogs are a bad deal, but I'm just close to them, or a least a small group of them. I promise that nobody will hurt you guys, not without getting through me first!"
"It's okay Birch, I know what you feel. Dude I lived with foxes." Cedarstar says. "It's okay Birchwood!" Bluetail says enthusiastically. "We love you the way you are Birchwood!" Silvermoon says.
     "Well, this takes a huge wait off my chest! I love you guys!" I say with tears in my eyes.
    "Now, let's get some sleep, it's crazy late!"
When everybody is finally asleep, I take one last smell of the air and fall into the peace of dreams.

Sorry for the story being so fast paced. It's hard to write story's at 11:00 at night. -Birchwood