After the fire was put out and everyone was safely accounted for, Cisco's voice echoed through the headsets again. "Guys, there's a robbery at the bank on Williams," he informed, "It looks like the start of a hostage situation with a few armed men."

Before he could finish, Barry was hurrying us to that location. Rushing inside, we saw a line of men standing with their guns facing a crowd of helpless, innocent people. Barry dropped me, and I stepped forward, sending a wave of water to course through the air, knocking them all back. Barry was quick to grab their guns before they even hit the ground. I smirked at my partner's abilities, happy that I got to work with such a hero like him.

"Have you guys not heard of us or something?" I joked, shaking my head at the soaking wet med dressed in black, laying on their backs. Barry chuckled and gave me a high five as he passed by.

Then he rushed the thieves to the police department, while I stayed back to make sure everyone was alright.

Barry returned quickly, skidding to a stop at my side. I was just meeting a young girl who'd been standing outside the bank at the scene. Her father had been inside, before Barry whisked him out to her. She was embraced in her father's arms, looking up at us with big, doe eyes. Her mother hung to the father's side, eyes wet with tears.

"Thank you guys," the girl whispered, "You saved my daddy. I don't know what mommy and I would do without him." She snuggled further into her father's chest, who was looking at us, too.

"Thank you," the man nodded at us. Everything on their faces read gratefulness. It filled my heart with joy, knowing that that I helped in keeping a family safe and together.

"Are you guys married?" The little girl whispered, glancing back and forth between Barry and I. I tried my hardest to hold back some nervous laughter and an embarrassing blush. Barry's vocal chords buzzed, answering in his Flash voice.

"No," Barry laughed kindly, "We aren't married. But she's one of my best friends, and I don't know what I'd do without her." I looked over at him, slightly surprised by his words. Best friend? Wouldn't know what to do without me? With a smile on my face for Barry and the sweet family, I was whisked up again in Barry's arms, heading away from another job well done.

Barry halted in the darkened Central City Park, dropping me in front of him. His hands went to my waist, smiling down at me from underneath his mask.

"So," I smirked, staring up at Barry, "Best friends, yeah?"

Barry chuckled, nodding. "Yeah," he confirmed, "What, we're not best friends?"

I shrugged. "Well, I mean, we're either best friends or we're married." I leaned into Barry's chest with my hands, and pushed off gently, stepping backwards with a giggle.

Barry let out a laugh.

I brushed a hand against his arm, the smiles still on our faces. "Are you up for more saving the day, bestie?"

Barry rolled his eyes at the name, but nodded. Pressing a finger to his ear com, he spoke. "Cisco? Anything else you've got for us?"

"Seriously?" Cisco asked, "You just rescued a near priceless item from a killer, put out a fire, saved children, and stopped a bank robbery. And that was just in the last fifteen minutes or so."

"Yeah, sorry," Barry sighed, "It's a slow night." He grinned at me though, and I was sure Cisco could hear his teasing through the communicator.

"Don't you guys have lives?" Cisco asked, "Like seriously, if you guys like each other, go on normal dates instead of risking each other's lives or something."

My heart pounded at Cisco's words. I scoffed silently, knowing Cisco wouldn't see it though. I huffed, turning my face away from Barry. "Cisco," I warned, feeling a pit of anger bubble up in my stomach. Why in the world did I think it would be okay to tell him about my feelings for Barry?

"Oh, shoot," Cisco answered, "I wasn't supposed to say anything to you guys."

"No. You weren't," I heard Barry mutter. I spun around, finding Barry's eyes on me.

"Uh, well," Cisco sighed, "What can I say? What good comes with secrets?"

I looked at Barry, my eyes softening under his gaze. "You told Cisco you liked me?" He asked, watching me closely.

I bit my bottom lip, shaking my head. "You told Cisco you like me?"

Barry picked me up in his arms and raced away without an answer. I saw the city pass by us in blurs of lights. My heart raced as fast as my thoughts. What the heck was Barry doing?

After a few moments, we stopped, Barry gently setting me down. I looked around, finding myself in a large field. Barry's hands went to my shoulders, steadying me. With one hand on my shoulder, he moved one up to his face, pulling off his mask in one swift move. I looked into Barry's eyes, trying to figure out what was going on exactly.

Barry smiled at me, shaking his head. "I do like you, Y/N."

I let out a shaky breath filled with relief. "And I like you, Barry."

Barry blushed lightly, looking down at the ground. "So, was that enough saving the world for one night?" His voice was quiet as he stared at his feet, shuffling them in the dirt and grass.

"Is that some strange start to asking me out on a date?" I questioned, watching the adorable superhero in front of me.

Barry looked back to me, both of us blushing and laughing softly. "I, uh, well," he stammered, looking a bit flustered. "I guess?"

"Well, of course I'll go on a date with you, Barry Allen," I smiled, throwing my arms around him. Barry's arms lifted, hugging me back. I didn't care if it was a typical response or not, I just did it. Here I was, thinking Barry thought I was nothing more than an annoying sidekick. And now, I was going on a date with The Flash.

• • • • •

author's note | yikes this was long! also man, i want superpowers :(