Chapter 29

With Serena...

Fennekin was sat on Serena's bed licking it's paws when the daw flew open causing her to jump. She watched as her trainer ran right past her and out onto the balcony. Serena caught hold of the railing for support and then collapsed into a crying fit. She felt so cornered, Gary was right after all. She would be forced to go through with this marriage regardless of how she felt. It wasn't fair, her mother could do what ever she wanted just because she's the queen. It was only because she had threatened to kill Ash that she had pretended to hate him. She knew that like him his heart was probably the broken and the guilt made her cry harder. She was in the midst of choking on her sobs when she felt something soft brush her face. She opened her eyes to meet with those belonging to her partner.

"Fenn..?" Fennekin said, clearly feeling concerned for her trainer. Serena wiped away her tears and tried to tell Fennekin she was alright. But a few uncontrollable tears slipped out of her eyes betraying her words. Fennekin understood Serena better than anyone and knew she needed her right now. She began licking the tears from Serena's eyes, making her giggle. Fennekin's face lit up at her trainers laughter.

"Well at least I'll always have you Fennekin." Serena said giving her partner a sad but accepting smile. Her face suddenly turned to one of question when she realised she wasn't crying anymore but she could still hear sobs. She stood up and leaned over the balcony to see if anyone was around. Her eyes immediately spotted Ash in the square. It didn't take long for her to notice Ash was the one crying. She felt another knife of guilt slide through her heart as remembered it was all her fault Ash had been through all this. It was a pitiful sight really; he was sat down while bending over so his head was hanging just between his arms which were both holding him up. He was still half naked in nothing but moltars (which if you remember were underpants made out of heavy metal. They are diaper shaped and have strange markings on them, just put there to look silly). His body was bruised and stained with muck. It was all over his hair to, which was hanging around his head at the moment concealing his face. But the shaking of his shoulders could be seen and his sobs echoed in the silence of the town. Serena couldn't stand to see him this way. But she knew there was nothing she could do to help him without being caught by the guards and Ash suffering a greater punishment. It wasn't fair! She had started all this it should be her down there not him. Tears began seeping out of her eyes once again.

"What am I going to do." She cried.

"Well for starters your going to stop letting your mother push you around, your going to marry Ash and then your going to become the queen of Kalos." A familiar voice said.

"Huh?!" Serena spun round to see non other than Iris and Gary. "What?" She asked.

"I said your going to marry Ash then become queen." Iris said rolling her eyes and giving Serena her 'your a kid' look.

"But how?" She asked.

"Iris has a plan." Gary said smiling.

"Ok." Serena said with a hint of uncertainty present in her voice.

"Listen closely, heres what we need to do..." Iris said.