Chapter 15

Back in the barn...

"May!" Ash had yelled. May smiled at him, like she hadn't just showed in his barn after 13 years. "What! How! When!" He began babbling in shock. May giggled slightly and waited for him to finish before she opened her mouth.

"Ash. It's so good to see you." She said giving him a hug.

"Well it's good to see you to May." Ash said. "Drew really misses you, you know."

They broke the hug, and Ash could see May's face had acquired a touch of sadness.

"I miss him to." She sighed. But little did either of them know; she wouldn't have to miss him for long. As the barn doors flew wide open to reveal a very tired Drew.

"Ash hurry up or we'll be late." He panted. Then he saw her. He froze.

"May"

"Drew"

They both stared at each other, their eyes perfectly locked. Ash knew it was only a matter of time, he smiled knowingly. Then they both flung into each others arms. They started to cry and kiss passionately just letting go of all the emotions they'd been keeping for each other these past years. Ash laughed warmly and tackled his friends into a group hug. They all laughed joyously before settling into the serious stuff. Drew decided to get the ball rolling and asked May why she was here and where she had been. She explained that she'd been having trouble supporting herself and had no choice but to try find a job somewhere else. When she was unsuccessful in finding employment anywhere else she'd returned to town. But on her way back she noticed Ash with some girl in the glade they use to play at. She was shocked to see it was the princess but soon took note of the way they acted towards each other and realised they were in love.

"Get real." Ash said. May looked at him strangely, till Drew explained what Ash had said about not being worthy of her even though he did harbour feelings for the young princess.

"Well you are worthy. And I've come up with a way to prove it." She said smirking.

"What do you mean?" Ash said.

"Your going to the ball tonight." May said.

"What! I can't my uncle'll never allow it." Ash complained.

"Speaking of which, if we do get a move on he'll be in here beating us till we bleed." Drew said.

"Oh no, I don't think he will." May said evilly.

"What?" Ash asked.

"May. What did you do?!" Drew asked sternly, but May was to busy laughing to answer him.

Ash's uncle happens to be tied to the wall in a stable with May's, very angry, Ponyta staring him down.

"Let's not mind where he is for the moment. But he told me to tell you, you both get the day off." May said innocently. Drew and Ash exchanged unconvinced glances but didn't speak.

"Ok so what is this plan of yours." Drew asked.

"Simple, Ash goes to the ball, pretends to be a prince and marries Serena." May said.

"What, I can't pass for a prince." As claimed. He gestured to his rugged appearance. But May simply giggled and flashed a sly smile at him.

"Leave that to me..."