Chapter 19

In the garden...

Serena and Satoshi walked hand in hand through the gardens. They danced and laughed together and both felt they could stay with each other forever. When they came to the top of a hill in the rose garden they sat down together and stared up at the stars.

"It's so beautiful." Serena said.

"Like you." Said Satoshi. Serena blushed hard, she really liked this prince. Perhaps marring him wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Tell me, do you have any problems with this arranged marriage?" He asked.

"Well, I really wasn't sure about getting married until I fell in love. Now that I have though it doesn't seem so bad." She said smiling.

"Your in love? With who?" He asked, his voice wavered slightly. She nodded then leaned up and placed her arms around his neck. He leaned back shyly but eventually relaxed and placed his hand around her waist. They kept moving closer until their lips were so close they were brushing. Each of them felt small jolts run up and down their backs. Then they couldn't stand the wait anymore and pulled into each other. Serena clasped her hands on his face and he started running his fingers through her hair; it fell out of the bun but neither of them cared. Serena leaned back and was soon lying on her back with Satoshi next to her. They kept their eyes shut and lips locked the entire time. Serena and Satoshi were far away in bliss land right now so they didn't even notice the guard approaching them until he was right overhead.

"Ah!" Serena cried as she pulled away. She felt embarrassed for kissing so passionately while someone was watching. Satoshi's expression couldn't be seen for the mask but the way he sat up seemed a bit awkward.

"I'm sorry to inform you that it is late and the queen requires you to return to your room my princess." The guard said.

"Oh, of course. Well goodnight my sweet prince." Serena whispered in Satoshi's ear before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. She then ran back into the castle before Satoshi could say anything.

"Um, the queen has ordered I escort you to the room she had assigned." The guard said. Satoshi nodded and followed the guard back to the palace, he was then lead up a long flight of stairs and down a slightly curved corridor to a large wooden door.

"I'll leave you here, enjoy your evening your highness." The guard said bowing to Satoshi before he left. Satoshi then walked into the room, he was startled at how huge it was, with a small sitting area in the corner and a golden four poster bed at the end of the room. There was a door at the side of the room leading to a medium sized ensuite. He walked in and inspected himself in the mirror, a few strands of his black hair had slipped out from his crown. Luckily it was so dark out Serena hadn't noticed; if she'd realised it was him he would be undone. Satoshi then removed his mask and saw in the mirror the face of Ash. He sighed at himself and looked down at his mask, he knew it was the only reason he stood any chance with Serena. He didn't really feel right lying to her; but he loved her so much he simply couldn't stand to go through life without her. When he'd kissed her today, he'd felt the flow of magic all around them, joining the two together for all eternity.

"I love Serena, but I wonder... Because she loves Satoshi, will she ever be able to love me?"...