extra chapter two

Start from the beginning

Shownu laid Changkyun down onto the bed, while Kihyun took charge from then.

"Wonho hyung, pass me some medicine for cold and fever from your bag." 

"Okay."

"Hyungwon, change the child into new, dry clothes."

"Sure."

"Jooheon, go and wet some towels with cold water and bring it here."

"Yes."

"Minhyuk, go bring the fever patch from the fridge, The bottom part of the fridge."

"Jeez, I know where it is!"

"Shownu hyung, well, you can help shift Changkyun so Hyungwon could get the clothes off him since he looks like he's having a hard time."

"I'm...not." Hyungwon barely puffed out as he hardly managed to bring the youngest into a sitting position.

Changkyun who had been cooperating all along, widened his eyes in alarm when Hyungwon tried to tug his clothes off.

"I can do it myself." He weakly protested, trying to flick off Hyungwon's hands.

"Sure, and I hate sleeping." Hyungwon snorted, before tugging at the clothes more roughly. This time, the younger male hesitantly allowed him, though he did mutter a few curses under his breath.

"Hold on." Kihyun halted Hyungwon who was about to put a white shirt onto Changkyun. The shorter male took a dry towel and began to wipe the sweat off Changkyun's body, causing Changkyun to let out a sigh at the comfort.

"Kihyun! Which part of the fridge again?" Kihyun sighed at Minhyuk's cry from the kitchen. 

With a few hand gestures, Shownu was sent to help Minhyuk.

"I'm fine, I can take care of myself." Changkyun once again tried to convince the short vocalist.

"Yes, and you're doing a really great job, aren't you?." Kihyun replied sarcastically. "But seriously though, if you ever feel unwell again, you can tell any one of us and we'll take care of you, okay?"

"But I can take care of myself just fine." The rapper responded stubbornly, before sighing. "This is why I didn't want to let you all know I was sick. Y'all would be worried and everything."

"Hey, you're our member, It's our duty to worry for you, anyway." The tallest interrupted.

Changkyun's heart soared at his words and he tried to suppress the grin blossoming on his face.

"I think that was the most touching sentence I've ever heard Hyungwon say." Kihyun said jokingly, grinning while Hyungwon glared at him.

Admitting defeat, the youngest male silently let Hyungwon lie him down gently back onto the bed just as the rest came parading in, his smile never leaving his face.

The members watched as Kihyun took care of the younger - wiping him again gently with a cold towel, putting the fever patch on, feeding the younger the medicine from Wonho.

Changkyun was silently enjoying the attention he was getting, though he would never admit it.

"Lee Minhyuk! No cuddling with Changkyun! Do you want to get sick too?"

Kihyun practically yelled at the ball of sunshine named Minhyuk about to pounce onto Changkyun.

"Go outside, we'll let Changkyun sleep." Kihyun instructed, his steady gaze never leaving Changkyun, as he ignored the whine the recently blonde haired let out.

Kihyun waited for everyone else to leave, before tucking Changkyun into the blanket. He turned, about to leave and join the rest outside when Changkyun softly gripped his sleeve. It was a weak attempt, but enough to make the vocalist halt in his steps.

"Can you stay? I'm cold"

A smile slowly made its way onto the vocalist's face.

Kihyun dragged a chair over and sat down, his hands wrapped around the younger's hand, giving the younger warmth not just from his body heat, but from his affection too.

(A few hours later, Jooheon peeked into the room, out of curiosity as to why Minhyuk had scowled and stomped off after looking into the room, only to be met with the scene of Kihyun asleep next to the maknae.)

(Jooheon failed to notice the two hands still entwined within each other, the smaller one tightenening its grip, as a form of 'thank you'. )

(The vocalist responded by squeezing the younger's hands back.)

*****

*casually inserts changki*

y'all, 69k reads?? i'm flabberghasted.

thank you. thank you all for sticking till the end - thanks for all the votes and comments that never fail to make my day 10x better.

i love you guys to the moon and back and i hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as i did writing it.

shalom <33

SHALOM!