epilogue

As each day past and their debut date drew nearer, Changkyun finally learnt what it meant to fit in. 

He felt comfort in randomly leaning against Wonho for support whenever he felt drained of energy.

Or propping his head lazily on Shownu's shoulder because the elder's shoulders were at the perfect height.

Or leaning behind instinctively whenever Minhyuk back-hugged him because the vocalist was itching for skinship.

Or randomly getting an arm slung around his neck from Jooheon or Kihyun, and fitting his head onto their arms naturally

 Or, feeling a hard elbow on his shoulder from the tallest male and smacking the same elbow away on reflex.

Through these actions that nobody talked about, the once unbreakable wall had been broken.

And it never was coming back, not when the events for the ninth episode of Deokspatch laid out to be this way.

-

It was awkward at first, and the youngest didn't know what to do.

Until Kihyun had pulled him into a corner and smiled earnestly. "Just act like how you always do at home, with us."

Changkyun hadn't understood what the vocalist meant, until he was seated beside the same vocalist at the very back of the vehicle, slowly letting go of the tension in the body when the song came on. 

It started from silently jamming to the music, and he didn't know how and when, but he found himself clapping his hands and laughing along with everyone else at the joke directed at Shownu.

"This is probably his happiest face." Minhyuk had commented, pointing his finger at the eldest's slight grin, earning the laughter of everyone else.

Changkyun grinned at the vocalist beside him in gratitude, eyes shining brighter than ever.

And when Shownu belted out a lyric from the song, much to the delight of everyone, the younger rapper had clapped his hands in joy, his eyes never leaving the shortest vocalist.

-

When the vehicle finally reached their destination, the beach, Changkyun couldn't help but laugh at the sight of his silly hyungs running excitedly towards the sea. 

The grin on his face widened when Wonho frantically ran back to shore to avoid getting his shoes wet. Because Wonho was that adorable (and Changkyun was feeling extra clingy), Changkyun had ran towards him, back-hugging the elder as they both let out happy chuckles.