chapter four

It was not long before the bell rang.

Just moments before, while they were having breakfast, Changkyun's former member had called him and told him he was coming over and Changkyun had grinned, agreeing, until he realized he hadn't asked the manager for permission. His smile disappeared right away.

Luckily for him, the group didn't have any schedules for the day and Jeongwook's sudden visit was allowed.

"I'll get it." Changkyun muttered, shuffling to get to the door when he was actually really excited to see his hyung. He just wasn't sure if his favorite hyung will get along well with his cold members.

After the door to the room banged shut, the members stared at each other in bewilderment. "He... has dimples?" Wonho managed out, looking amazed.

"I've never seen them before." Shownu stated, looking at the others for confirmation.

"Me neither." Kihyun and Hyungwon backed the eldest up.

"Damn, I thought I was the only one with cute dimples." Jooheon jokingly said. He earned laughter from the others when Kihyun pointed at his eye dimples and Jooheon had frowned and said, "Kihyun hyung, your dimples aren't cute."

(He also earned a harsh slap on his arm from the short vocalist.)

-

Changkyun awkwardly stood at the door after introducing his former members, not knowing what to expect from the situation. 

The silence that he got, as an reply, wasn't helping either. 

When he decided that the tension was too much and he needed a short break, he excused himself by announcing that he was going to the bathroom.

With the person who led them to meet each other gone, both Nubility and Monsta X members were equally awkward.

Jongyeon was leaning against Jeongwook, Wonho fingering the loose thread on Hyungwon's shirt,  the latter trying to swat Wonho's hands away, Shownu staring at the ground, Minhyuk and Jooheon scrutinizing the Nu'bility members, Kihyun playing with his fingers.

The silence was broken by a sudden pounding of the door from the other room - the bathroom.

All ten of them stared at each other in shock, not contemplating what was happening.

"Changkyun." Jeongwook muttered in realization. "Changkyun!" 

With that, the Nubility member rushed out of the room, followed by the others.

-