extra chapter two

There were times when Changkyun retreated back to his shell. It was as if they were back to the No. MERCY era, where the youngest was constantly left out. All the other members would try to bring him out of the shell, try to remind the youngest that he was one of them, but sometimes it wouldn't work.

Not when the youngest didn't feel like replying to his hyungs, not when the youngest wasn't in the mood to cuddle, not when the youngest just wanted to be alone.

It was scary for his hyungs at first. After all, who knows what could be going on in that kid's mind? But then, the youngest male would always scrunched up his nose after a while. And say something weird, like "Kihyun hyung, why are crocodiles green?"

Kihyun had almost smacked him that day.

However, things were different now. It had been hours since the youngest had became quiet, but the scrunching of nose had yet to come. Nor did he initiate any eye contact with any of the members since the beginning of their dance practice.

Minhyuk had tried to be extra clingy to the youngest, but Changkyun had pushed him away, even frowning at the slightest touch from the vocalist.

Jooheon was surprised when he rested his head on the younger male's shoulder and Changkyun had walked away wordlessly, causing Jooheon to fall.

But the fall had hurt less than the pain he felt when Changkyun wouldn't even look at him.

The other members were shocked too, when they saw how Changkyun pushed Jooheon away. The rapper line had been closer than ever, ever since they began to write lyrics together.

They eyed the youngest nervously, watching the maknae reach for the sound system to restart the music. 

"Changkyun, are you sure? We practiced for hours already, I think we need a break." Wonho called out cautiously, exchanging eye contact with the other members.

The members made their way to their positions silently when the youngest made no reply.

They all continued to eye each other and the youngest through the mirror while dancing for what seemed like the hundredth time, not knowing what to do and just going along with the flow.

The concern changed to panic when the youngest suddenly stopped dancing midway, his hands reaching for his head and a groan escaping him.

"Changkyun, what's wrong?" Kihyun was next to him in an instant, giving the youngest support as he slowly brought Changkyun to lean against the mirror.

Even then, Changkyun tried to weakly push Kihyun away.

Kihyun barely managed to bring his hands against the younger male's forehead and hissed at the temperature.

"Hey, you're burning up!"

"I'm fine." Changkyun tried to swat Kihyun's hands away.

"No, you're not! Shownu hyung, help me get this boy back home."

Changkyun knew he was in no position to argue when he let out a soft sneeze he had been trying to hold in.

Feeling weak from both the long practice and the sickness, (and not wanting to hear Kihyun's nagging) he silently let himself be piggy-backed by the eldest back to the dorm. 

-

The members all followed them back to the dorm, too worried about the youngest to be in the mood to practice more.