chapter twenty two

"Changkyun?"

The rapper looked up to see the eldest vocalist standing at the door.

"Yes?" Changkyun acknowledged the older's presence.

"I'll like to talk to you."

Noticing the younger stiffening, Shownu quickly added, "Relax, I just want to talk to you as members of the same group."

"Yes." Changkyun let out a soft breath as he tried to throw the tension in his body out.

Shownu slowly approached the younger and sat next to him on the bed.

"I just want to start out by saying that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not helping you since the beginning, that I let you suffer by yourself. As the oldest, I should have stopped them or something."

"It's not your faul-"

"Let me finish. I've failed my job as the oldest, but I'll try to make it up to you."

"You don't have to-"

"Changkyun." Shownu places his right hand onto Changkyun's left thigh. The sudden contact caused the younger to jump, not used to the eldest's touch.

Shownu noticed but didn't move away.

"I'm really sorry for everything that happened, and I apologize on behalf of the other members as well."

Changkyun nodded in disbelief, wanting to tell the elder it was alright and that he was forgiven, but feared his voice would betray him. 

"You're a part of us now, and I wouldn't have it any other way, alright? Things won't be the same without you."

This time, a small smile made its way onto the rapper's face as Shownu slowly and awkwardly wrapper the younger into a hug. 

"I just wanted you to know that your talent got you here, okay? I- We don't believe the rumors."

Changkyun smiled against Shownu's chest. That was when he noticed how stiff the vocalist was being in the hug.

"Hyung, you need to improve on hugging people."

"Shut it, I'm just a lil awkward around people."

"You mean shy?"

"Shush."

That was the moment Changkyun realizes two things.

One, that maybe all this while, he just needed someone to believe that he really didn't bribe anyone and two, Shownu's arms were really soft.