chapter sixteen

Changkyun replayed the scene between him and Jooheon over and over again, until he finally fell asleep. He didn't realize the members were checking on him while casting worried glances at him as he tossed and turned. 

He didn't realize that he was in the same shadowy nightmare of the members mocking him again until he felt himself falling. It was horrifying as Changkyun felt himself land on a rock hard ground

That's it. I'm dead. He thought.

That is, until he heard some frantic voices calling out for him.

"Changkyun?!" 

He opened his eye slowly, expecting to see angels ready to send him to heaven - wait, maybe hell. Of course, what was he thinking? He stole someone's spot for fame, obviously it would be devils sending him off to hell.

But he was greeted by a worried Wonho instead. 

"Are you an angel or a devil?" Changkyun mumbled.

Wonho froze, before contemplating the answer. "I like to think that I'm an angel."

Changkyun nodded. 

"I knew I'm dead," he whispered so softly that Wonho didn't catch it.

"Are you okay? Did you hit your head? Oh my god, Jooheon call Kihyun, quickly!"  

Now that Wonho mentioned it, the back of Changkyun's head did hurt, badly. He winced at the sharp pain while he heard the rustling of Jooheon racing out of the room.

"I...I'm fine." He managed to word out, only to be snorted at by the elder.

"Fine, my ass." The vocalist paused. "Wait, actually my ass is pretty fine ya'know..."

"WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR CHANGKYUNIE!" 

Minhyuk's voice seem to worsen the headache in Changkyun as he let out a soft groan.

"Shut up, you idiot. You're worsening his headache." Kihyun scolded as he pushed past Minhyuk.

He knelt down beside the maknae and worriedly checked for his injuries, while asking Wonho what happened.

"He fell out of his bed." 

"What?" Minhyuk yelled again, this time significantly softer.

"I heard a loud 'thud', and bam! He's lying on the floor."

"My poor baby." Kihyun muttered before he turned to instruct Minhyuk to get some ice pack.

Changkyun tried to ignore the nickname but he found himself grinning and his cheeks heating up. Hoping that no one else saw the light shade of red on his cheeks, he tried to turn his head away from his hyungs subtly.