chapter 4- trying to help the stupid ferret.

I awoke to harry shaking me gently.

"morning sleeping beauty, rise and shine..."

"AND TELLS US ALL YOU KNOW MIONE!!" Ron shouted at me from beside harry.

"Ron, let her wake up first, but yeah, we want to know everything! also  you can borrow my cloak and map any day!"

"thanks harry;" Hermione yarned then sat up" but the cloak and map wont really be of any use in the forest".

"why not the cloak?" said ron

"because they will be able to smell me".

"whose they?"

i raised my eye brows at harry

"whoops forgot to update him, 'mione."

"ill be hunting vampires for their venom and I think I have all the information I need to succed in this task."

rons mouth fell open.

"va-vampires!, bloody hell! they will kill you mione!"

"as I said ron, I have all the information I need! I've written down some useful spells...ill practice them today...I will also need to tell Malfoy...ron, don't give me that look. he is my teammate and I cant let him die, even if he is our 'enemy'."

ron closed his mouth but made a grunting noise of annoyance.

"its a Saturday guys! no work yey! lets get to breakfast! im starving!". harry said on a happier note. I jumped up, put all my notes away into my mini handbag and stuffed it into my pocket then followed the boys down to the great hall. after eating I went on the search for Malfoy. I saw him walking down the hall. strange thing was that his 'friends' weren't with him. nah it'll be easier to approach him then...I guess.

"hey Malfoy! wait a second, I need to talk to you!" basted. he is ignoring me.

"HEY!" I graded his arm and spun him around with incredible force.

he gave me a shocked look. I gave myself a shocked look as well, but on the inside. I cleared my throat.

"Malfoy, I know what the task is and we HAVE to do it together."

"when did you get so strong granger? when I was the exact repcular of your body I didn't feel this strength".

"well surprise...now can we get down to business? will you work with me, or against me?".

his surprised look didn't fade as I put my hand up between us to seal the deal...

finely he shock his head and gave me a cold stare.

"I know how to look after myself thank you very much, now if you don't mind I have places to be unlike you." he turned and walked down the hall further almost at the corner."

"DRACO!".

he stopped and snapped his head in my direction.

"you just spoke my name".

"yeah I did, glad I got your attention. ok, so, just so you know the first task is vampires. we have to get their venom and get back safely." I then turned and made my way towards an empty classroom in which I can practice my spells.

by tea time I had managed to memorise then and I had succeeded in casting the spells. the hardest yet most useful was

 "axidus"

it works as an animal caller to bring animals to your aid if you are in need of help the stronger the power the more bigger and more powerful the animal is.

on the second time I practiced the spell I had summoned a robin from outside and it sat itself on my shoulder looking as if its goanna nip and claw the stuffing out of someone. I accioed a pen to fly at me and the robin caught in in its mini claws just before the pen hit me. after that the bird dropped the pen and sat on my open hand which was now full of bird seed. the bird then left out the open window.

I had also found a type of accio where you can summon a human to your side. I tried it on harry while he was talking to dean and as soon as I cast it his legs started moving and ended up standing in front of me with confusion then he got control of his legs again (I whispered a sorry to him)  and he then slowly walked back to dean who was trying to hold back laughter.

also I forgot to mention...im able to do some wand less magic which will be very helpful in the tournament! I was alone I the libery practicing some wand less magic and when I did the animal spell a passing barn owl suddenly rammed itself into the window trying to get through, I quickly opened it and the owl sat on my shoulder making squeaking sounds and darting its head around. I tried making it leave nut it didn't until I made a book fly at me and the owl grabbed it out of the air and dropped it onto the floor then the owl went to my shoulder nuzzled my cheek then left out the window into the night.

I looked at the book and found out that it was a biology of the famous wizard who had been chased by a pack of werewolves and was about to die when a mighty black dragon came out of no where and save him. it had then carried him to the nearest healers and went back to its home in the dark forests. the man had recovered and thanked the dragon with offerings outside the dragons been constantly until the day of his death. the last picture In the book was of a gravestone with a dragon carving in it twirled around the headstone looking proud.

it was amazing.

tonight is the last night before the first task and im actually feeling really good and well prepared right now and everyone is already wishing me good luck for tomorrow.

my eyes wandered over to the slytherin table. Malfoy was looking sick and more paler than usual, I feel like going over there and go all mother on him but I know he will not accept me of all people trying to look after him. sigh.

well at least I know some good spells that will help me keep him alive...oh what the heck I think im starting to feel something for that ferret...heck no Hermione snap out of it!.

after dinner Malfoy walked out of the great hall. poor dude...Hermione stop this, this instant! you have a mate!...find out your mates name! maybe you could try and forget about Malfoy. you cant be with him!

I sighed.

'uh dude are you there?'

'dudet? what's up?'

'uh well...I was wondering...what is your name?'

'my name? uh yeah sure...I guess I wont live to see the end of tomorrow, so uh my name is, Malfoy, Draco Malfoy'.

im completely speechless.

'uh um. awesome. I guess I will be cheering you on from the crowed ok? call me if you are in need of help or advice ok?'.

' ok, thank you'

he then left.

Draco Malfoy is my mate. DRACO BLOODY MALFOY???

so that's why im feeling attractions to him...

shut up Hermione.

I made my way to my bed and stuffed my face into my pillow, and let out a muffled groan.

well things have just gotten interesting.