That's It...

Why was it so dark? It kept plunging me into its goo, the black licorice kept wrapping itself tightly around my waist. It held me. I felt secure in it. Until it snapped. My sea of darkness dissolved around me, the rope spun endlessly in my place, proudly taking its spot light. But I was falling. No. I was flying. Flying from everything.

I'm not trapped anymore.

Though a voice stopped me. It took a hold of a low role, the soothing sound pleasant to my ears. I heard it before. I heard it laugh and cry. I heard it scream and say 'I love you'. But why can't I pinpoint it.

I suddenly stopped flying. The feeling of freedom was violently knocked out of me. Instead a walking figure to place. Shoulders broad, raven hair and the flame.

The flame that was growing by the second, erupted suddenly around me. The licks of the flame caressed my body, a soothing touch of relief.

The figure lifted my head up slowly, using its hand as a leverage. As if a ghost got hold of my lips, the figure leaned in, tracing onto me a kiss. I yearned for more, for that touch hooked me. It mesmerized me in its warmth.

Your heart is beating. It better stay that way.

That's what the figure said. Before vaporizing in front of me, leaving smoke, as a gift.

***

"Okay, everybody get out! He needs quite!"

"Follow your own fucking advice..."

Groaning I slowly raised my left hand towards my eyes, trying to rub the sleep away. But I stopped. Instead of my pale white skin, a covered up hand looked back. The white fabric clung to my skin, giving it an effect of a second skin.

Experimenting with trying to let the light fully in was a tough one. For it scorched my eyes everytime I tried to at least let a crack of light in.

"Take your time." Jake.

After a couple of minutes went by, I could fully focus on my surroundings.

There stood Jake, hands covered in a thick coat of blood, his sweater not doing any better. Jostled hair and a smile of relief. Looking down was worse. For my chest was completely covered up by the same fabric that was on my hand. Crimson seemed to leak from the blank white fabric, trying to stain the best that it can.

The tent was silent, except for my struggled breathing and the sound of a heartbeat. Though it came distant from me, as if a buzz covered my ears with its magic, not letting go of the spell so easily. And for that, a groan escaped my dried up throat. Noticing quickly, Jake gave me a glass of water. With painful sips, the water vanished in a couple of minuets.

Placing the cup on the side stand, I looked at Jake, pure confusion must've crossed my features while doing so.

"W-what happened?"

Sighing, Jake pulled up a chair, the legs of it dragged across the floor.

"The spike pierced your chest. Though it mostly took your heart out."

"But ho-"

"Smile. He was the murder. He had some beef with some guys. Dark's father was one of them."

"But how d-"

"Dark's father was the Law. Something that Smile wanted to be part of. He didn't get what he wanted."

"How do this-"

"He took the show to get his mind off it. But when the Laws came in....The long lost revenge came back. He waited till he could break Dark. Since his father died, he would get his revenge on his son."