[Chapter Twenty Five]

Chapter Twenty Five 

I walk down the hallway Alex disappeared in and call out his name. As I look around my dark surroundings, I hope to see his face pop out and greet me, but he doesn't.

"Alex, are you down here?" As I get further away from the lounge room, I find no other sources of lights which kind of scare me. Being in a new place alone and the possibility of walking into a wall or stray piece of furniture is horrifying.

As I get further down, there's a dull glowing light in the distance. I pick up my pace in hopes of finding Alex.

When I reach my destination, it's not a glowing light for another room, but a dim outside light casting dark shadows in the distance. The moon shines over the small section of hedging and roses, but showcases the dark silhouette of Alex Bray.

I open the door and step into the freezing air which sends a shiver down my spine.

"Alex?" I shout.

He jumps, sending a string of cuss words into the silent night's air.

"Sienna, you scared me!" He tries to laugh it away. But there's beads of sweat forming along his forehead and he's got a hand over his chest.

"Are you scared?" I tease.

He pouts which makes me laugh.

"That's it! I'm going to get you," yells Alex playfully.

As Alex lunges at me, adrenaline burns through my body. I dash to hide behind the hedging that divides the pavement from the grass. As I leap onto the grass area, my shoes catches on the edging and I face plant the grass.

I roll onto my back and shake my tingly hands. Before I am able to assess the damage from the fall, I catch a short blurry image of Alex flailing through the air.

The air is knocked out of my body as Alex lands on top of me. He might look skinny, but his bones begin to crush the important organs I use to breathe.

"Ow," I whisper. "Your body is crushing me!"

"You're breathing just fine." He laughs.

"You're still crushing me."

Alex shakes his head and shifts his body so that his legs go to either side of my hips and his hands above my head.

"Is that better?" 

My breath catches in my throat as Alex brushes his nose against mine softly.

"You're not slowly killing me."

Through the soft dim glow, Alex brightly smiles down on me. My eyes catch his lips and I want them. I want Alex to press his lips against mine passionately.

Just as his lips get closer to mine, my heart thumps quicker. His hot breath fans across my moist lips which makes me shiver. Just as I think he's going to take the final step and press his lips against mine – his whole body shifts and falls to the ground beside me. Disappointment fans across me.

"Sienna?" he whispers.

Alex shifts his body to mine so that his arm is pressed up against mine. I'm reluctant to move, but I roll onto my side so that I can look down at him.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Have you noticed that the moon is the same size as your thumb?" he asks, holding his hand up to prove his point.

"Yes." I nod my head, "Do you know where I learned that from?" 

"Taking a wild guess, not from me." He chuckles.