[Chapter Fifty Three]

Chapter Fifty Three

We're the last people to get off the plane. While we were waiting on the plane, it seemed unnecessary but as we walk out of the terminal and the cameras start flashing and fans are screaming – their protocols seem necessary. It's a quick reminder of why we wait and who we are.

Alex takes my hand in his as we walk down the pathway marked out for us. The security team have a tough time holding back the fans who try to lean over the metal barrier to touch us. I feel horrible for just walking past and waving, but I know if I walk closer to the barrier or engage in a conversation with one person, it'll make things more chaotic for both sides.

And I still can't kick the guilty feeling floating in my stomach – I know there's only so much time I can walk around smiling like everything is happy bubbles. All I feel like is checking into the hotel, finding some comfortable pyjamas and hiding under my blankets until it's time to go home.

Conveniently, I have a rehearsal with Alex, so there's no time away from him just yet. I don't want to confess this secret without having the perfect time. I'm not sure when it would be perfect timing either. I'm going to be surrounded by his presence for the rest of the day by the looks of it.

I want to indulge myself in freshly cooked pancakes doused in maple syrup. But considering I'm stuck in this situation because of pancakes, I feel like I should stop eating them and have a piece of fruit and be healthy.

When we arrive at the hotel, I'm surprised to find Ava already inside with my suitcases and room key. I light up with happiness, Ava is so sweet for doing this for me. I'm so glad she's overly organised and somewhat caring.

"Sorry, I didn't get the chance to head up to your room," she apologises, "I'll see you later tonight. I have to head down to the arena to organise a few last details," Ava explains.

"Thank you Ava, I'll see you tonight." I smile.

Ava hands me the room key are then heads for the exit door. I grab the suitcase and follow Alex to the elevator. As I'm lugging the suitcase through the lobby, I wonder what else Ava's put in this suitcase – I swear it wasn't this heavy when I packed it before.

"I think Ava's put bricks in my case, or something," I say aloud.

"Then leave it for someone else to bring up," suggests Alex.

"I can't wait that long for someone to bring it up," I admit.

"You'll probably spend more time trying to lug that thing to your room." He laughs at me.

Because of the rush of people in the lobby, it takes Alex and I another fifteen minutes before we get into the elevators and up to our rooms. Instead of having individual rooms, we get to share the penthouse. It's nice if you actually want to share a room with a boy, but everyone knows they're smelly.

When we get to the hallway, Alex runs ahead to the room. As he opens the door, he looks back at me with a face of shock and surprise. A swirl of ideas consumes my mind – I wonder what could be inside.

I bet the room is really fancy, with expensive chocolates on the pillow sheets and a stunning view of the skyline and city buildings around us.

Dropping my suitcase in the middle of the hall, I run down and push Alex out of the doorway and move inside the room. I come to a halt when I see Nathan sitting at the counter with a food tray in front of him. I start to panic over the unfolding situation – what is he doing here?

"What are you doing here?" My voice comes out a little shaky.

"I managed to catch the same flight as you two, which was kind of tough." Nathan points to his clothing. My eyes flicker down to his clothing which I now notice is his work uniform from earlier. He even has his bell boy hat which makes him look adorably sexy.

"How come you did that?"

"I needed a friend." Nathan slumps his shoulders and looks towards Alex. Just when I thought I was in smooth sailing, my heart drops at the sight of him and the realisation that Alex is about to find out what happened between us earlier.

It's now that I'm beginning to wish that I told Alex about the kiss on the plane flight, it would have been so much better coming from me than Nathan. I can just see this whole mess blowing up in my face right now.

"You can talk to the both of us," Alex says. His voice suddenly reminds me that he's still standing in the door way.

"Sure you can." Turning to face him, I see he's holding my suitcase, "But first, Alex is going to go take my case to my bedroom and I will accompany him. Maybe you should order more pancakes, they smell really good," I explain, a bright smile on my face.

Nathan seems to perk up at the idea of having one more friend to talk to or it might have been the idea of ordering more delicious pancakes. Whatever it was, it gives me a couple of minutes to somehow explain things to Alex and hopefully avoid him getting upset over it.

I know I would be fuming if my partner kissed someone else. Technically, Nathan kissed Riley and Sienna is dating Alex – so he really can't be that made at me! What else was I supposed to do, yell at him for kissing me because I'm dating someone else?

This whole situation is just getting a whole lot more messy than I ever anticipated. I came here to sing and write music and by the turn out of it, I've caused more boy drama in the last couple of weeks than write music. I'll be so glad when I'm done with all of this and comfortably laying in my bed at home. Stuff the penthouse view; I'll take the shabby grey fence any day of the year.

Judging by the same layout of the apartment, I know that the door on the left is going to lead to a bedroom – and it would feel too weird if I started walking in a different direction to get to bed.

Walking over to the cream door, I open it up. Just as I'd predicted, there's a large king sized bed with lots of cushions and pillows thrown on top. The beautiful textured brown covers and blue and grey cushions make the bed look very appealing – partly because I'm tired, more because I want to avoid this situation unfolding.

"What's wrong?" Alex asks. He places the case next to my bed and then turns to face me, "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Alex takes a step towards me and wraps his arms around my stomach, pulling my body against his.

"You're going to be really mad when I tell you what happened," I whisper. Alex tries to make eye contact with me, but I keep my gaze fixated on the ground, I seriously can't look at him or I'll lose what little nerve I have.

"This must be really bad." He chuckles, "but if it helps, I promise I won't be mad." A small laugh escapes my lips – not the carefree, you're so funny, kind of laugh, but that's what everyone says.

"Nathan and I kissed," I finally spit out.

"What?" he chokes.

"When I was saying goodbye, he sort of kissed me, briefly and then I ran away," I explain in a muddled rush.

"How do you feel about Nathan?" he asks.

"I'm still with you," I answer.

"I guess I can't be angry with you," he says.

"Why?" I snap. Why is he taking this so well? Shouldn't he be throwing things around the room? Worse, throwing punches at Nathan. Isn't that what guys are supposed to do when they are angry?

"Because Nathan doesn't know about you're secret or us dating, can he really be blamed for that?" His words sting, but I just nod my head and smile.

"The kiss didn't mean anything." I lie.

"Good, we'll just forget about it." I nod my head and smile up at him, "Just remember..." Alex takes a step back and smiles, "You're all mine."